Making the time and effort!

Discussion in 'Competition 1911's' started by SkDmRkLcY, Mar 13, 2012.

1. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Alright.. last year I managed to only do a single IDPA match and some steal practice. This changes this year! I have been working on getting in better shape and that has started going well for me, so now I want to make sure I actually get out to some matches. At least once a month and go from there.

I have an STI Trojan in bound to my FFL sometime this week, which other than grips is going to be run as it came for now. (Has STI Mag-well and Dawson Fiber Front already.)

I will also have a total of 6 Wilson 10 RD ETM 9mm mags as well, I want more.. but 6 should do. I will have whatever it comes with as a Barney mag.

I need a holster setup that I can use for IDPA and USPSA SS if possible.. I am thinking Blade Tech? I have a Safariland Paddle that works okay, but I am not in love with it. I only have some really crappy mag pouches so I am looking for some nicer ones that can be used for both sports.

Though I did think about doing a simple double pouch for IDPA and a few CR or W/E for USPSA. So when I shoot USPSA the first are fast my additional are in the normal double pouch. Until I can get an entire setup for each. I am waiting on a belt for USPSA till I get down in lbs a little more.

2. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    I'm not sure about IDPA, but I'm using a Bladetech DOH (with the DOH removed), CR Speed belt, and CR Speed pouches. Awesome setup, highly worth it IMO. I got it all from Shooter's Connection, great service.

I shoot at Miami Rifle & Pistol (www.miamirifle-pistol.org) and Miamisburg (http://miamisburgsportsmensclub.org).

3. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Which club would you say is more friendly...

The Bladetech is legal for IDPA, CR Speed gear not so much. Mag pouches are my issue, I do not care for the Bladetech ones. I was looking at Comp Tac today, and I may try some of them. The ones with the TechLock are supposed to be legal for both.

4. buyobuyo

buyobuyo Member

Aug 25, 2011
    For the holster to be legal in USPSA, the grip/trigger guard junction need to be at/above the top of the belt. I use Comp-Tac Belt Holsters for both SS and Prod. I get my mag pouches from Tactical Kydex on GlockTalk. Last time I bought from him prices were running $20 for a pair of single pouches and $25 for a double pouch. I use his stuff in both of my setups and haven't had any issues with them.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  5. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Both clubs are friendly, and a lot of people shoot both. However, IMO, Miami is a better club, and a better match. They also always have a better turn out.

6. awmp

awmp Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Apr 27, 2012
    I finally decided to start this year with two goals, shoot only 1911 and shoot IDPA. I have started both and having a great time.

7. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Just an update, I did make it out to one match and it was a lot of fun... and a lot less stressful than I thought. Everyone was super nice and helpful... other than polizi1.

I am going to be doing 2 a month June on.. all the dates fell bad for me in May. I may try to make a practice match this month but with my work and school this is just a bad month.

I do think I am going to run my M&P for a bit now, but we shall see. I am working on some other stuff but an HVAC replacement is going to slow me down for a bit with new toys.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted