Man and wife defending their home from ‘protestors’ with AR15

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 7.62Kolectr, Jun 29, 2020 at 5:13 PM.

1. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    9mm4evr likes this.
  2. SLAM37

SLAM37 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    I only know two things from looking at this video:
    1) It is clear that neither of them have had any kind of worthwhile training.
    2) They are damn lucky somebody didn't walk up there, take their weapon from them, turn it sideways, and shove it up their a$$.

3. Autonomous

Autonomous Turgid member

Jan 14, 2019
    Their total ignorance on display makes me wonder how they vote.

Phil Sprague, Roehl, Dub and 2 others like this.
  4. herdbull

herdbull Over The Top! Supporting Addict

Jun 21, 2012
    Neither one of them look like they were prepared to fire on those a-holes which would have been their last act here on earth if they were rushed by the scum on the streets

Roehl, Dub, crcornish and 2 others like this.
  5. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    The couple needs firearms training. But I think it's good that they stood their ground. The protesters were on private property (they had entered a gaited community), and they have established a reputation for being violent and committing vandelism/arsen.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020 at 5:50 PM
  6. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    Protesters broke down gate to get to mayor Krewsen's home on private street in Central West End in St.Louis . This is a liberal area . Maybe these people are waking up now that it's on their street . With police being told to stand down , Krewsen and her prosecutor Kim Gardner letting loose criminals , and repeatedly going after cops , maybe people are realizing they got what they voted for and are scared . These protests quickly escalate into rioting and looting . These people in the photo look like liberals that ran out scared a couple months ago , bought guns , they've never learned how to use .
    Gardner will probably charge them with brandishing a firearm , they're white .

7. mikegalway

Feb 23, 2014
    That area of St.Louis is a liberal bastion of stupidity .

8. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    These idiots made the 2A community as a whole look bad. He's pointing a presumably loaded rifle at his wife and she's pointing a presumably loaded pistol, looked like a .380, I really don't care what it was, at "protesters" with her fúckin finger stuffed halfway through the trigger guard. Absolute morons. The people shouldn't have been where they were, and I know that these "protests" can go sideways in a hurry. However the people I saw were mostly kids and these libtards could've done much more damage accidentally than they could've protected. Either to any of the people involved, including to each other, and/or to the pro 2A community in general.

496Cobra, Roehl, Dub and 8 others like this.
  9. HooDoo Man

HooDoo Man Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 26, 2017
    I think the media wants the general public (who ever that is nowadays) to think we all look like that. Well...................Surprise! They won't even know what hit them.

Phil Sprague, Dub, nathanotis and 4 others like this.
  10. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    In regards to the lack of muzzle and trigger discipline, I find it ironic that the couple are personal injury lawyers.

11. 1LuvGuns

1LuvGuns Incurable..... NRA Lifer

Aug 14, 2012
    This is exactly what I pictured would happen when democrats buy guns for the first time....

Phil Sprague, Glock2740, Dub and 10 others like this.
  12. Brennerman

Brennerman Active Member

May 12, 2020
  13. mikegalway

Feb 23, 2014
    This is an extremely affluent gated community in St.Louis . Surprised St.Louis's finest weren't on scene . With Krewsen's treatment of the SLPD I wouldn't be shocked if there was a blue flu epidemic .

14. mikegalway

Feb 23, 2014
    I noticed in a better picture , man is holding what appears to be a pre ban AR . He may not be the rookie we think he is . Maybe he's just fed up .

kevinlittell, crcornish and B81 like this.
  15. mikegalway

Feb 23, 2014
    Wider angle . This is what media is leaving out .
    [​IMG]

16. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    It's a Reuters photo Mr. Galway, what do you think it is? Looks like a microphone to me or a long gun that I've never seen the likes of before. In for the info, I know you got the answers.

xerts1191, isialk, Cop_Out and 3 others like this.
  17. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    I'm pretty sure that's a microphone. The guy holding it appears to be running a camera.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020 at 8:37 PM
    Scaramouche, Cop_Out and crcornish like this.
  18. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    That woman is an idiot, so is her husband, but someone obviously doesn't know a damn bit about gun safety. @mikegalway, even if that is a preban rifle, they have the $ to buy whatever they want, that guy is most certainly either drunk or he has no idea what he's doing. Actually I didn't consider that they were drunk. That would make more sense.

Dub, Babboonbobo, JM44 and 1 other person like this.
  19. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    That doesn't appear to be a firearm to me at all. If it was, that lady would either be dead or the guy with the rifle would. Also incredibly stupid to wave a gun at folks with cameras that you aren't interested in killing.

Dub, Cop_Out and HooDoo Man like this.
  20. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Did the couple handle the situation correctly? No. The list of things they did wrong is long. They handled their firearms in a way that was unsafe, and they escalated the situation.

Were they justified in fearing for their lives? Were they justified in wanting to defend their property? Yes.

I think this is a case of right idea but wrong move.

It doesn't have to be black or white (see what I did there?) Give them a gold star for having the courage to stand on their feet and defend themselves, AND give them a tongue lashing for doing it wrong (so that hopefully they'll do it right the next time).

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted