Man and wife defending their home from ‘protestors’ with AR15

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 7.62Kolectr, Jun 29, 2020.

1. TherewasX

TherewasX 1911 Addict

Jun 26, 2019
    This is the funniest **** ever. :grin::grin::grin:

2. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Pearl Pimp Supporting Addict

Feb 3, 2017
    You realize that's a microphone right, @mikegalway? Seriously, c'mon fella.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    blamo likes this.

3. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Has no one seen a bond film!? Come on guys that’s easily a 50cal sniper rifle and the camera is obviously a grenade smoke screen launcher!

Sorry......a little bit a levity????

SVG, SW1911302, Dub and 4 others like this.
  4. Cop_Out

Feb 3, 2017
    That's almost as funny as proposing the original pic is of a rifle! :roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro:

Babboonbobo likes this.
  5. Amp Mangum

Amp Mangum Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2018
  6. Brennerman

Brennerman Active Member

May 12, 2020
    Yeah, we have the great vantage point of see the microphone over his shoulder. Now from a distance, from where the couple standing, with a mob of people trespassing on their private property. That could be mistaken for a weapon.

Cops have shot people holding cell phones, saying they thought it was a weapon.

7. jfrey

jfrey Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 10, 2012
    Those microphones need to have the big orange caps on them, just like the toy guns for kids, so everyone can tell the difference. Not making excuses, but, in a tense situation that might make the difference between being shot and not. Certainly these folks need a lot of training in gun handling, but still a gutsy move on their part to protect their property.

8. Brennerman

Brennerman Active Member

May 12, 2020

There is more to it than what the media is showing.

9. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    Really, do tell..

So far what I have seen they are poster children for arguments for both what happens when folks don't use birth control and the anti 2nd Amendment crowd

Dub, Cop_Out and FWoo45 like this.
  10. Brennerman

Brennerman Active Member

May 12, 2020
    Here they have a mob on their property, armed and threatening them. I was not aware they were being threatened by those individuals.

Even with their poor handling, they kept their home and family safe. I rather see this than "family left homeless after mob burns house".

And for the anit 2 amendment crowd, they will turn anything into their argument. The parkland shooting was used for banning magazines, when the shooter used 10 round mags for his rifle. They had omitted that detail for their agenda.

11. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    I agree with many of the comments here regarding the gun handling of the people in this video. Sweeping everything and everyone in the vicinity. It does seem that they could use some training. With that in mind, the local Chicago television news media (WGN at least) did actually air interview segments with both sides. The male lawyer said all the right legal words. “We we’re afraid for our lives in seconds”, etc. they were loud, obscene, unruly etc. They interviewed a protester, and asked why they damaged the gate to gain access to private property. He said, yeah sometimes that has to happen to get peoples attention. We’re weren’t
    putting anyone’s lives in danger. They certainly put their own lives in danger! They stood arguing with two apparently frightened people who had presumably loaded weapons pointed at them, who lacked training and discipline, Who may or may not have been sound enough of mind to tell a microphone from a rifle. If just one person on either side has just one little brain cramp or had one more barley pop, blood is gonna be spilled. If that happens even if they training and any fire discipline, people outside the gated area could be killed or injured. Just lots of bad ideas and actions here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cop_Out likes this.
  12. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    Protect your house. Period.

Antechinus, Bish1309, KS95B40 and 4 others like this.
  13. Cop_Out

Feb 3, 2017
    In part, I would respectfully disagree, sir. If someone isn't able to determine a boom mike from a rifle, maybe it's time to reconsider firearms for self defense? I dunno, maybe it's just me.

isialk likes this.
  14. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    I read somewhere that they are Democrats that have at least vocally supported BLM. So just another case of the left eating their own. Good. It’s way past time that elitist lefties start feeling some of the pain their beliefs and policies cause.

Antechinus, Bish1309, KS95B40 and 4 others like this.
  15. Ethanol Red

Jul 12, 2015
    Violating personal property is still illegal right? Those signs I see should be? Is there a difference out west? This is someone’s property

16. PorscheGuy

PorscheGuy Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2012
    i agree but you have to know how to handle a weapon. the woman is waving and pointing a pistol at a crowd, hows that for instigating a bad outcome and so was her husband. they also pointed there guns at each other many times, tragedy and accident written all over this scenario.

if the crowd is on the actual land and approaching them than more power to them but being on the street is just a powder keg waiting to explode

folks like this have the money, they should have protection dogs, best money they can spend. i have one in training now

isialk likes this.
  17. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    overwhelming majority of gun owners have no training at all. Easy to be us and criticize people not so skilled.
    How about wishing somebody near them would show them how to better handle and behave with things instead of sneering down at them? We should welcome every ‘new’ gun owner and offer to pass on our skills to keep the tradition alive. If every skilled gun owner laughed at the noobs it would diminish their desire to continue the venture down the road of becoming proper addicts. :)

Antechinus, Gafanhao, Kip and 4 others like this.
  18. Ethanol Red

Jul 12, 2015
    Training or not, they kept the mon from their property. That is a win.

Antechinus, KS95B40, Mungle and 4 others like this.
  19. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Well things are different out west as someone suggested. The $100k car is insured and they could've done a much better job of de-escalating if the lady wasn't running around pointing a pocket pistol at people. Im glad that it worked out but the conversation could be very different if a gun went off and then the mob turned. Those folks didn't have any spare mags on hand that I could see. According to the guy, the mob did threaten to kill his dog, I'd imagine that we're not talking about a trained 140 pound Rottweiler. Threaten my dog, my booger hook is headed for the bang switch.

Edit to clarify: stay inside where the mags are and don't escalate the situation.

Antechinus, simonp and Dub like this.
  20. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    Provo Utah, BLM maggots.
    Guess it’s time for a “shotgun” rider when you leave the house.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted