Man and wife defending their home from ‘protestors’ with AR15

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 7.62Kolectr, Jun 29, 2020.

1. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    I would politely disagree. Had either one fired a round my bet is those cockroaches would have scattered and ran.

2. Barefootdog

Barefootdog Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2018
    The whole situation is getting increasingly convoluted.

Liberal ambulance chasing lawyers taking up arms against the anarchist mob whom last month they would have been defending and then a conservative gun owners group starts making fun of the amateur pistolero's weapon handling skills.

Human error is inevitable. Sooner or later something is going drop loudly into the "Shite Happens" bucket.

Given enough stress that directional mic could be mistaken for a weapon barrel. When I first saw it I thought of the heat shield on a Mossburg Pump....Then looking closely it became a mic. We're not all blessed with 32 years of LE experience. Mad props for those that do....

3. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Pearl Pimp Supporting Addict

Feb 3, 2017
    I'll accept your "mad props". Although, if someone cant discern between a rifle and a boom mike in broad daylight, then a firearm isn't a safe choice for them or anyone else. Yes, that includes you.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  4. Barefootdog

Barefootdog Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2018
    That's not what I said....I said when I first saw the mic I thought of a heat shield on a Mossburg Pump. When I looked closely it became a mic. I can see how a mistake can be made in a stressful situation....particularly true without 32 years of training and experience.

I find arrogance the enemy of a safe choice as well no matter what anyone did in a prior life or how long they did it.

5. nathanotis

nathanotis Active Member

Feb 6, 2020
    People have been killed while holding things that look *less* like guns.

monadh, KS95B40, SVG and 2 others like this.
  6. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    You are absolutely correct, but I don't think that's why the image was introduced into the discussion. Fortunately no one was hurt.

924676.jpg

7. Cop_Out

Feb 3, 2017
    If you couldn't discern that wasn't a rifle then you might want to re-think your self defense options. As far as your second sentence goes, I have no idea what you're trying to say, fella.

8. blamo

blamo Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2018
    Interesting that folks are calling these ambulence-chasing lawyers liberals. These two have been donating consistantly to republicans (including Trump) since the '80s. People across the political spectrum are terrible with their gun safety/handling (as are folks across the spectrum who are excellent with same).

This group was on the way to protest down the street at an elected offical's house. If I were the pink shirt guy and touchy trigger lady, I'd have been looking out my front window with an AR, but would have left them to move on instead of esclating by going outside and brandishing.

Here is the video of them entering the gate. I imagine the "private property" of the gate is not the two lawyers' private property but some HOA. Of course not the whole story, but good context:

Babboonbobo, gps man and Cop_Out like this.
  9. Cop_Out

Feb 3, 2017
    So there's misinformation in this thread? Say it isn't so!

Maybe we should announce it with a boom mike! :roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro:
    cartoon-guy-holding-a-boom-microphone-over-an-actor-by-ron-leishman-4268.jpg

7.62Kolectr and blamo like this.
  10. Apollo99

Apollo99 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    There but for the grace of God goes I. So far nobody has come down my street, so I won't judge the actions of these two.

11. blamo

blamo Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2018
    When the protesters were armed with ARs and occupied the Michigan capital building I cheered.

When they walked down the street with nothing but a 6' boom mike I grabbed my AR and swept my crazy wife. :o.o:

Cop_Out likes this.
  12. Stromburg

Stromburg Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Just to lighten the mood

Mike Meints and Dub like this.
  13. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    not to derail my own thread but Holy **** that’s messed up! When it’s a family the man drives almost all the time. That means dudes firing into the ‘women and children’ area of the vehicle. I pray to God nobody got hurt.

Babboonbobo and Cop_Out like this.
  14. Cop_Out

Feb 3, 2017
    :roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro:

blamo likes this.
  15. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Loose one into the grass, sweep the crowd with yer game face. Yeah they’d run like squealing pigs to a trough.

Antechinus and 7.62Kolectr like this.
  16. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    that ain’t right. There was a lot more than just the boom mic there to have heighten the mans fears. Being told you would be killed, your dog would be killed, your home would be burned down and from the mans own interview he said he saw at least one person who had a gun.

we are discussing mistaking the mic for a rifle but I have not heard him say anything about it or this particular person.

having said that when a mob of 2-500 crashes thru a posted no trespassing gate into an affluent private community the adrenaline is gonna pump. Whether you’re inside or out in a possible state of fear and anxiety I can see how he could mistake it for a rifle. Any police officer and the ones here will tell you that the worst witnesses are the witnesses themselves because people ‘see’ things in situations like this that later turn out to be totally different. He would definitely be better off had be shot that guy if it was a real gun because lord help the one who does shoot a person thinking they had a rifle only to find out it wasn’t.

Babboonbobo, Cop_Out and Brennerman like this.
  17. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Do you remember how that fire fight at Concord Green began?

7.62Kolectr and blamo like this.
  18. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    The one about 250 years ago? Things got interesting after that one.

19. blamo

blamo Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2018
    Meh, from my perspective you stay inside your house and you don't aim your firearm at anything you're not expecting to destroy.

This pink commando just ruined his career (not that he needs one, he's got money to spare), risks getting disbarred, and will suffer a lifetime of humiliation from being on video with his wife. Meanwhile, his neighbors are relaxing right now during cocktail hour in the salon while their personal chef lays out the charcuterie.

If he's scared of people marching down his street, he either needs to get out more among the plebes, grow a pair, or should have picked a more honest line of work. In my opinion he blew it. Maybe because of poor training or poor execution, or like some have said, maybe he'd already hoisted a few sheets into the wind.

Dub and Cop_Out like this.
  20. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    He was scared. They were on his property. You can shoot to kill on private property I thought. They maintain the streets and everything in that area.

Antechinus likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted