Man and wife defending their home from ‘protestors’ with AR15

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 7.62Kolectr, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Pearl Pimp Supporting Addict

Feb 3, 2017
    blamo, HooDoo Man and Dub like this.
  2. Dub

Dub born in the wrong century

Mar 19, 2017

Wow.....I made it through ten seconds of that....and two things happened: 1) confusion 2) felt old & outa touch with the kids these days :D

That would sound sorta kinky..........if only the wife didn't resemble a shaved yeti.

FWoo45, Cop_Out and blamo like this.

3. blamo

blamo Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2018
    To quote founding father Benjamin Franklin:

"In the dark, all cats are gray, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement."

Parts of that quote might work for gun safety/traning as well?

FWoo45, Dub and Cop_Out like this.
  4. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    Exact same situation for the average Joe?
    I think it would pretty much be the same. You or I would probably have been on Tucker tonight just the same. I don’t think Fox is giving these people coverage because they are wealthy. He said tonight it’s about doing what Americans have done for centuries and defend their home from the mob. Now for sure the mansion in the background looks much better than a trailer but we’d still be seeing same video and same coverage.
    Remember they did give the store owner trapped behind the lines in the CHOP some pretty good coverage when the mob broke their fence down and came in. He and a couple other people had same rifles and did the same thing. And same thing happened, other protestors talked sense into the stupid ones and told them to back off and move on. You can hear it on the video ‘they got guns, back out, let’s go!’
    My only curiosity is what happened after this and where is all that video? Did they move down the street to other homes? Did they do any damage elsewhere? Or were all the other homeowners hanging out inside and watched them just walk on by?
    See I kinda think he brought that on himself by initially yelling at them. I do wonder if he had gotten his rifle just in case yet stayed quiet would the same encounter have happened?

FWoo45 likes this.
  5. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    I believe he does the civil rights as part of his pro-bono work .I'm from St.Louis , am familiar with his law firm , and his neighborhood .

6. blamo

blamo Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2018
    Got it. I was able to find that info after looking more deeply than the first time. Thanks for educating me, and I apologize for calling you out.

mikegalway likes this.
  7. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    All I'm sayin is he would've been a lot more intimidating if he was wearing ear pro.

MatttheHatt likes this.
  8. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    What is it with you guys and the pink polo? He supposed to have a tac vest or something? Heck I have a pink polo. :)

limbkiller, Kip and Brennerman like this.
  9. mikegalway

Feb 23, 2014
    My wife used to work for the head of surgery at a local major hospital , he's since passed away . We were invited to a function at his home , on that street . These are mansions . Full of marble , mahogany , and all built by craftsmen and artisans . I could go on about it , but not do it justice . At that party , I never felt more out place in my life .

blamo and KS95B40 like this.
  10. MatttheHatt

MatttheHatt Member

Jan 28, 2019
    Never underestimate your enemy...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Autonomous and kevinlittell like this.
  11. MatttheHatt

MatttheHatt Member

Jan 28, 2019
    In Texas you can use force to kick someone off your property (think of a bouncer).

In Texas you can THREATEN deadly force (point a gun) IF force is justified.

But you certainly CANNOT use deadly force for someone simply being on your property absent a reasonable fear of SBI or death to you or a 3rd party.

INSIDE your residence is another matter, that's open season.

simonp, jfrey and KS95B40 like this.
  12. mikegalway

Feb 23, 2014
    These people remind me of PETA , throwing red dye at old ladies wearing fur , not bikers wearing leather . They pick their targets . Krewsen and Gardner are allowing these protests to happen .

13. mikegalway

Feb 23, 2014
    Missouri has the Castle Doctrine , and homeowner had what he considers fear for their lives . They're lawyers , they'll be OK . Gardner claims she's going after them for interfering with a " peaceful protest " . It was private property and nothing peaceful about it . Should be interesting .

Antechinus likes this.
  14. SVG

SVG Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    I agree with you but I'd be out front with a KSG protecting a single wide if that was my domicile.

limbkiller, mikegalway and Brennerman like this.
  15. MatttheHatt

MatttheHatt Member

Jan 28, 2019
    Castle Doctrine usually is limited to inside the home, however I am not familiar with the Missouri's laws. Are you possibly confusing Stand-Your-Ground with Castle Doctrine? Texas has both.

Texas's SYG: So long as you are legally there, you have no duty to retreat before using force or deadly force.

I was just making the point their actions in pointing guns (threatening deadly force) would have been justified here in Texas.

If you start shooting though, that's a whole 'nother matter and you had better be able to clearly articulate why. Who ever I had replied to originally was suggesting you can just start blasting if someone comes onto your lawn.

blamo and Cop_Out like this.
  16. nathanotis

nathanotis Active Member

Feb 6, 2020
    Just don't muzzle your wife and the gun-toting portion of the internet will likely sing your praises.

MatttheHatt likes this.
  17. mikegalway

Feb 23, 2014
  18. mikegalway

Feb 23, 2014
    Missouri Castle doctrine is one of the most expansive in the nation .Extends to any building, inhabitable structure, or conveyance of any kind, whether the building, inhabitable structure, or conveyance is temporary or permanent, mobile or immobile (e.g., a camper, RV or mobile home), which has a roof over it, including a tent, and is designed to be occupied by people lodging therein at night, whether the person is residing there temporarily, permanently or visiting (e.g., a hotel or motel), and any vehicle. The defense against civil suits is absolute and includes the award of attorney's fees, court costs, and all reasonable expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff. This is over and above Castle Doctrine and stand your ground law . What a change . Missouri used to have a full and final retreat law . In '77 a coworker did time under this statute .

19. ams

ams Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2017
    While I find the trigger control and general lack of weapon handling abysmal. If they weren't armed and brandishing, would they have been grabbed and beaten down because of their "white privileged" existence, especially for mentioning things like private property while standing in front of a massive house?

Fortunately, the world may never know.

mikegalway likes this.
  20. monadh

monadh Sapientiae Timor Domini Initium

May 8, 2012
    And many of them were killed by police. Nothing is more dangerous than a cell phone, and if you get away with it anyway...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47430090

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted