Man and wife defending their home from ‘protestors’ with AR15

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 7.62Kolectr, Jun 29, 2020.

1. MatttheHatt

MatttheHatt Member

Jan 28, 2019
    I still don't see where castle doctrine has anything to do with someone standing in their yard. They were justified, but it has nothing to do with castle doctrine based on your description of it in Missouri.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

HooDoo Man and Cop_Out like this.
  2. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    I just put it up for informational purposes , not to argue . This actually in addition to actual Castle Doctrine and Stand your ground . More on Wikipedia , state by state , too long to list here .

MatttheHatt likes this.

3. Onramp

Onramp Member

Dec 3, 2019
    I agree with everybody that these folk are making gun owners not look great. I hope a local trainer contacts them and helps get their act together. But to the original question - what would I do? I'm thinking I'd check my insurance policy (just kidding, I know it covers vandalism), remind my self that I don't want to kill anybody today, and get my rifle (I am already carrying me EDC pistol) and wait INSIDE for someone breaking in. I suspect in daylight that would be a low probability happening, but I would be ready.

That aside, I would be more alert and prepared that night, and maybe a few more nights of no "activity" before I really slept well.

blamo and mikegalway like this.
  4. William the great

William the great New Member

May 5, 2020
    Agreed!!!

5. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Dremel jockey Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    My missus and I would have been on our porch enjoying Mimosas and the feel of freedom in our hands.

7.62Kolectr, Kip, DRYHUMOR and 8 others like this.
  6. Liggett

Liggett Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2018
  7. Liggett

Liggett Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2018
    Aside from their obvious gun handling skills and tactics, they had every right to do what they did.

Antechinus, HooDoo Man and mikegalway like this.
  8. Expert Amateur

Expert Amateur Active Member

Oct 7, 2019
    And just what exactly is being left out? I can’t discern what the hell that is, but if it’s a long gun, then that has to be the goofiest damned rail I’ve ever seen.

And if someone in a throng of protesters was pointing a rifle at me, I sure as fuk wouldn’t be standing there strong-handing my shitty little pistol on the front lawn.

Bottom line, it appears to be a case of “when a-holes collide”. Protesters didn’t “break down” the gate as has been reported, but they were trespassing. Mr and Mrs Mustard Stain looked like total d-bags however with their preemptive brandishing (by their own admission, and thus escalaing the confrontation) and pointing guns (presumably loaded) with fingers on triggers at a crowd. That crone appears to have smarts that match her looks.

Cop_Out, simonp and blamo like this.
  9. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    "Smarts to match her looks." Hahahaha!

Grab rifle, stay inside, at the door, read: Paul Blart tactitard, easily defensible bottleneck. Have gringo moochelle wheel over crate of loaded mags, preferably standard caps and d60's, possibly including a back up rifle. Do not escalate! Send gringo sasquatch for frosty cool adult beverages and snacks. Sip beverage, snack and wait next to sizable stash of mags. If **** kicks off, blast some Drowning Pool and let the bodies hit the floor. If not, refresh beverages and snacks. That's what I would do/should've happened.

blamo and simonp like this.
  10. MatttheHatt

MatttheHatt Member

Jan 28, 2019
    They de-escalated the situation by making a show of (deadly) force. De-escalation is more than speaking in a soft tone asking for someone to please stop. It is just as often a moment of hyper-violence, the one hard punch to the face that brings an end to the fight NOW.

They executed de-escalation with their show of force. This was a mob apparently intent on destruction and violence and by them setting clear boundaries and defining the consequences, the mob left with no one being hurt and no property damaged.

Like I pointed out before, it isn't brandishing when threatening deadly force is justified. In Texas, you can use force to trespass someone from your property and in Texas, you can THREATEN deadly force if force is justified.

Could they do with a bit of weapons or tactical training. Oh yeah, big time, but what they did worked and everyone went home safe.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

11. monadh

monadh Sapientiae Timor Domini Initium

May 8, 2012
    I've thought about this some. I would not have done the 2A groups any favors with what I would have done. I prefer Arsenal AKs to ARs due to the bullets being .30 caliber. I would have the rifle at low ready on a sling with a my old "fagbag" slung over my shoulder with another 4 or 5 mags. The AK would appear even more evil to the MSM. I would have stayed close enough to the house to reach the Mossberg shotgun just inside the door if needed. Wife and kids would be posted covering any entrance into the house. I believe what he said to the crowd (what I could hear anyway) was enough to make his intentions clear. I would hope to be as well worded as him.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    MatttheHatt and gps man like this.
  12. monadh

May 8, 2012
    I completely agree with FWoo45 and would have Drowning Pool "Bodies" playing on a loop on my $100,000 home sound system, and I would have it loud enough so they could not even hear themselves think. Then no words would need to be spoken.

HooDoo Man likes this.
  13. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    I would like to test that system out with some old Marshall Tucker while enjoying and old bourbon.

14. mikegalway

Feb 23, 2014
    Hind sight is 20 20 . If nothing else these liberals learned their neighborhood isn't safe from these anarchists either . This incident has gotten international attention and I believe may have alienated some of their supporters .

HooDoo Man, Kip and MatttheHatt like this.
  15. Sheperd

Sheperd Active Member

Jun 7, 2020
    Wow,this is sad

16. monadh

May 8, 2012
    I know.

People can't be at peace in their homes or private property without the mob crashing in. And then those people have to stand ready to defend all they own against that same mob because the police won't. It's very sad. Not "Old Yeller" sad, but sad nonetheless.

17. mikegalway

Feb 23, 2014
    St.Louis has a real problem . Mayor Krewsen and prosecutor Kim Gardner not only let this crap happen , they go after cops trying to protect citizens , and go after citizens trying to protect themselves and their property , emboldening the criminals . Gardner keeps referring to these miscreants as " peaceful protesters " no matter how many people they hurt , how much property they destroy . If you try to protect yourself , Gardner will come after you .
    Missouri has a very good Stand your ground and Castle Doctrine . Gardner and Krewsen don't care .
    People are leaving St.Louis in droves . In the '60s the population was 550,000 . It is now around 200,000 . High taxes and crime pushed businesses out , and people followed their job . Even the Corvette plant left . GM plant followed suit , moved to Wentzville , Mo.
    Here's something you have to have lived in St.Louis to understand . Media and documentaries get it wrong all the time . St.Louis and St.Louis Co. are two entirely different entities . St.Louis Co. is made up of many separate municipalities , example Ferguson is in St.Louis Co. Many of these munies have their own police departments and local ordinances . Finally , East St.Louis is in Illinois , has absolutely nothing to do with St.Louis , Mo.
    Sorry for slight derailment , hope it was informative .

gps man and Mike Meints like this.
  18. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    “Welcome to the Jungle” at full blast might be more interesting. :D

19. mikegalway

Feb 23, 2014
    Anything by Five Finger Death Punch , turn it up to 11 .

dstallguy likes this.
  20. Razer

Razer On The Razers Edge Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Jul 1, 2012
    As usual, Colin sums it up really well.

Mack01, HooDoo Man, UBOATDOC and 2 others like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted