MantisX with single stack adaptor improvements

Discussion in 'Training' started by TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot, Oct 15, 2018.

1. TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot I do not consent.

Dec 28, 2017
    I’m very happy with my MantisX magazine adapter and the current version of the software.

I purchased a MantisX trainer late last year. At the time I was shooting a 9mm Springfield Range Officer Operator. I liked the Mantis trainer, but shortly after buying it I switched to shooting non-railed guns and stopped using it because I had nowhere to mount it.

I could have (and should have) continued to use the RO for dry fire training but I didn’t. I just left the Mantis in my dry fire bag and forgot about it.

Two weeks ago I ordered a $25 single stack .45ACP magazine adapter. It fits a Wilson 47-series magazine. I guess I kinda figured it might not work too well on the bottom of the pistol butt and kept putting off ordering it, but it works just fine.

Not only that, but Mantis has made a lot of improvements to their training software in the 8-9 months since I used it. This system is excellent for diagnosing and correcting trigger and grip control issues.

I have a problem breaking my wrist down and over tightening my grip when I fire under stress (on a timer) and this system picks up every error, tracks the troublesome movement and tracks my improvement. It also let’s me setup audio feedback and custom training runs. The explanatory videos are better, too. There are good pos/neg examples of each shooting error/problem.

I think this is a really good training aid if you want or need to improve your fundamentals, or if you just want to keep them sharp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimhoag likes this.
  2. Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack Member

Sep 6, 2020
    Our department tried it out for three weeks free, we then bought it because it was clearly evident that it was going to improve our shooting during off and down time. I am looking forward to using it more with live ammo once this stupid streak settles and ammo and firearms come back in normal ranges. Until then we will dry fire the hell out of it!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted