1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new, and pretty expensive (Korth) revolver and took it out and fired only 50 factory (Federal and not +P) 9mm rounds through it.
While cleaning it I noticed a pretty clear a spot where the black finish had come off next to the firing pin. All my other revolvers are stainless, so I really don’t know if this is just to be expected from a black revolver (or 9mm) or if I should be a bit concerned since it really only has 50 rounds through it and the finish is already coming off there.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it, but my korth I sold didn't have that. It's a DLC finish, as long as it doesn't get worse don't worry about it. They have a great warranty anyway.

Shoot it some more.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't worry about it, but my korth I sold didn't have that. It's a DLC finish, as long as it doesn't get worse don't worry about it. They have a great warranty anyway.

Shoot it some more.
I believe that only the cylinder actually has a DLC finish on the Skyhawks (according to Nighthawk)- and it was a dream to clean.

Will certainly do some more shooting with it though. Need to get used to this short sight radius.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
All my blued revo's look the same on the breech firing pin area.

Reactions: Hurlow8

·
Registered
823 Posts
Which direction does the Korth rotate? Is it possible the after recoil and the fired case is to the rear could the "wear" come from the rim/primer engaging the frame as the cylinder is rotated?

Smiles,

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Which direction does the Korth rotate? Is it possible the after recoil and the fired case is to the rear could the "wear" come from the rim/primer engaging the frame as the cylinder is rotated?

Smiles,
I’m not exactly sure what you mean- though it rotates counter-clockwise. Another 100 rounds through it today, and it does not appear to have worsened.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts