1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this is the 1911 Addicts, but if you went with a carbine or good handling rifle in a PCC format. What say you about the Marlin Camp Carbine in .45 acp? Takes 1911 magazines, seems to fit the 1911 Addict world "if" you were to have a carbine. I would love to have the newer Ruger PCC in .45acp that took 1911 mags but I am now asking for the moon. So Marlin Camp carbine, thoughts?

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
I guess I am a traditionalist.

For a carbine size gun, I prefer the .30 caliber M1 Carbine with the 30 round magazines . . . . . .

·
Batteries_included
358 Posts

For a carbine size gun, I prefer the .30 caliber M1 Carbine with the 30 round magazines . . . . . .
I have an Olympic .45ACP upper that fits any of my AR lowers, but my .30 Carbine is far and away my favorite of the two.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,592 Posts
Camp Carbines are nice guns but good examples are getting hard to find and the prices have been climbing but if you want a traditionally styled rifle in .45ACP, the Camp Carbine is one of very few choices available. The one real issue with them to be aware of is that the original bolt buffers dry out over time, become brittle and break apart under use, one the buffer is gone the guns batter themselves and the stocks can split behind the receiver. New buffers and recoil springs are still available and the new buffers are made out of a modern polymer material that are supposed to last much longer than the originals. They're not expensive and, IRRC, I got mine from Brownell's.

Compared to other "modern" .45ACP PCCs like the Kriss Vector or AR-15 based versions the Camp Carbine has a much more traditional look and feel, similar to a 10-22 or an M1 Carbine. They're relatively light and quick handling and point naturally. I got mine a couple of years ago, it's is great shape. If you can find yourself a nice one at a reasonable price grab it, they're not making anymore and they're not getting any cheaper.

·
NRA Endowment member
3,145 Posts

Agreed...
3F4A06F9-ACFD-4AC5-8DAF-B8449936B5FE.jpeg

·
6,592 Posts
M1 carbines are cool and fun but if you want a traditional style rifle that shoots .45ACP and uses 1911 mags it doesn't fill the need. That Camp Carbine is about the only thing that does.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
M1 carbines are cool and fun but if you want a traditional style rifle that shoots .45ACP and uses 1911 mags it doesn't fill the need. That Camp Carbine is about the only thing that does.

Exactly!!! Probably should have been clearer of my intent, not many .45 options out there.

·
6,592 Posts
Exactly!!! Probably should have been clearer of my intent, not many .45 options out there.
I got it. The modern PCCs like my Kriss are cool but the futuristic styling of a .45ACP Kriss, AR-15 pistol, or even a Hi Point carbine aren't everyone's up of tea.

Similar in theory, very different in execution...

·
6,592 Posts
I have one of the new Rugers in 9mm.
Any 9mm carbine is a hoot to shoot.
Yeah they are. I have another Kriss in 9mm and I've had a couple of Kel-tec Sub-2000s and original Ruger PCCs in 9 and 40.

Reactions: Glock2740
1 - 12 of 12 Posts