MARS Armament Build?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by John Ryder, Nov 22, 2011.

1. John Ryder

John Ryder Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I've unloaded quite a few pistols lately on my efforts to minimize my pistols down to two platforms and might have come across a sweet deal. It is a MARS THUG build on a Colt with a bunch of extras, light, holster, mags, etc. I haven't heard too much about MARS but have heard they are top level from the few reports I've seen. I'm trying to see if anyone here has had any experience with one and what they think of MARS work.

I also talked with MARS about building me a pistol too, around 9-16 months for what I want and a nice price tag to boot. To fund it I think I'll have to ditch my last SACS Custom Carry, which is fine by me.

So, any opinions would be welcome.

2. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I have seen a few crop up, I liked the way the look. I have avoided them just because I did not know much about them and could only find out some limited info.

3. John Ryder

Aug 19, 2011
    I am a little nervous about there not being a bunch of info available for them. The used one I found is a sweet deal so I may find out the hard way...

I have talked to MARS too about a new build, they are nice and quick to respond...one feature I've found lacking from some shops.

Decisions, decisions.

4. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I have seen a few for sale and found a few that sold in the past. They seem to stay in the 2200 to 2600 range, and seem to sell eventually.

Seems like a pretty safe bet overall, I almost jumped on one but talked myself out of it.

5. John Ryder

Aug 19, 2011
    Yeah that seems about the price for their two basic models, Axiom and THUG.

I'm looking at the THUG on a Colt with extras in that price range. Their new builds are a little more so used would be king right now.

6. Ditto_95

Ditto_95 Why oh why? Supporting Addict

Nov 5, 2011
    I admire the reduction to two platforms.
    I am working that way also.
    HK P7 and 1911. Holding onto the last 2 HK's since the wife loves them and can shoot the heck out of them.

1911 because they are all I know in my sleep.:grin:

Got a link for the MARS?

7. ShootSuppressed

ShootSuppressed New Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I have been wanting to get some work from MARS, I really like the Golfball package.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  8. asiparks

asiparks Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Is it the one built on a 1911 (not a1) repro ? If so, that looks really good.....

9. John Ryder

Aug 19, 2011
  10. Ditto_95

Ditto_95 Why oh why? Supporting Addict

Nov 5, 2011
  11. RMA

RMA Active Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I say go fot it! That is a sweet deal considering all that you are getting...looks like a really nice build.

12. John Ryder

Aug 19, 2011
    I may go for it but something made me question the deal and I'm going to hold out for now. I still plan to ditch my last SACS so I'm going to buy something new...what that is? I have a few contingency plans so all will work out...

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted