1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Dremel jockey
4,655 Posts
Amp,
The finish looks 'textured'.
Is this by design or just debris on the surface?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
These are a little rough for me. Only 2 finishes offered neither are acceptable. They need to step up their game if they want to compete. The DOD-P-16232F Type M if I hade to choose one of the 2 the other is Cerakote for 295.00!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
How's she shoot? Did you happen to find that build sheet?
I've been in contact with the Mars shop recently and they say the books are going to be closed for another few months if I understood correctly. Got a Colt Rail Gun standing by...

·
Premium Member
28,438 Posts
These are a little rough for me. Only 2 finishes offered neither are acceptable. They need to step up their game if they want to compete. The DOD-P-16232F Type M if I hade to choose one of the 2 the other is Cerakote for 295.00!!!!
truth
the use of a lint free cloth would have helped here

·
Registered
9 Posts
They are not out of business, they did move shops recently. Steve is good people.
Do you have his new information? I made a post all the way back in September looking for him to have some work done and I never heard back. I tried his numbers and email listed on the website and nothing, never heard a peep. If he's still in business he certainly isn't looking for new work but my 70s Colt is still here and needs some work.

·
Good/Fast/Cheap
3,482 Posts
Steve is very much so still in business. He’s effectively a one man shop with a very heavy workload. I’m fortunate enough to talk with him almost daily. He’s doing well, just working on catching up and not taking in new work to speak of. He did move shops and some of his help has been “in flux” for the past couple years. Stay persistent and once you’re in, the wait is most definitely worth it. Steve is a fantastic smith. I’ve owned more than one of his guns, here’s a current one and I’ve got more in his shop.

Glasses Sunglasses Wood Grey Revolver
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gas
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle

·
Good/Fast/Cheap
3,482 Posts
As for the pistol that this thread started with, my guess is that’s a case of oil and lint. Steve’s finish work is impeccable.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts