1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
In Kentucky
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before Mary and I became disabled I owned a excavating company. I made &2,500 a week on average. We've been living on social security. We we're barely getting along. Mary's aunt passed away the end of September. We had no idea she had so much money. Got a call from her lawyer that within 2 weeks we're going to receive what he said is a large check. She'll get more when he auctions off the furniture and sells the house. I told Mary I was going to order another custom 1911. Boy did she blow up. It will be nice to payoff our bills.

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
Before Mary and I became disabled I owned a excavating company. I made &2,500 a week on average. We've been living on social security. We we're barely getting along. Mary's aunt passed away the end of September. We had no idea she had so much money. Got a call from her lawyer that within 2 weeks we're going to receive what he said is a large check. She'll get more when he auctions off the furniture and sells the house. I told Mary I was going to order another custom 1911. Boy did she blow up. It will be nice to payoff our bills.

Sorry to hear of your loss!

·
born in the wrong century
4,045 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

Hopefully some good will come from the inheritance.

·
In Kentucky
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plan on paying off credit cards and getting Mary a new set of glasses. May get some body work on our explorer. It's in great mechanical shape. But has some rust. I'd like a 2 tone pistol. Ever since I gave my grandson my Hoag pistol I have been craving a 2 tone pistol.

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
This doesn’t sound like post from a man looking for sympathy but more like a man looking for advice on how to spend his windfall.:popcorn:

You could be a little bit right there lol. I just was trying to not acknowledge that. Lol I always send unknown callers to voicemail in case it’s someone saying your uncle died left all his bills to you :roflmaro:

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Well, sir, you'll obviously never be able to recreate your Hoag, I'm sure that your grandson cherishes it though and that was a phenomenal heirloom to hand down. That said, sorry for your (your bride's) loss. Now, you came to the right place for suggestions on how to spend your $. As you are well aware, we addicts are almost as good at spending each other's $, as our own. Two tone, call @Karl Beining, last I heard, about a year out. He's the guy for two tones. Haven't handled one yet, I will eventually, but I've only heard good things and his guns seem to be very well put together. That would be my choice in a free state of the guys whose books are open. Good luck. Feel free to shoot me a PM to discuss further. Good luck my friend.

·
In Kentucky
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not looking for sympathy. I was in amazement that her aunt had this much money . She didn't live like she had money. She inherited her house from her mother. A 3,000 sq foot house with full basement in one of Lexington's nicer neighborhood. Have you ever answered your phone and a lawyer says there's 3 beneficiarys to the estate. The check will be big not buying a home big but new car big. I jad to get him to repeat what he said. We've been living on $1,675 a month. Mary's cancer eat up just about everything we had. I'm sorry I was just so shocked.

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
sorry about the aunt but glad to hear you and mary are getting some extra $$ to make your lives better.

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
Congrats on the windfall, certainly a blessing for you and Mary. Her aunt reminds me of this book I read several years ago, "The Millionaire Next Door." Many folks live quiet unassuming lives, save and invest their money, live frugal lives buying only necessities and die wealthy. Neighbors, friends and relatives have no ideal the amount accumulated over their lifetime.

https://www.amazon.com/Millionaire-Next-Door-Surprising-Americas/dp/1589795474

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. Our families all come from this same small town. Parents grew up in the Great Depression and had little. But saving was what they were all about. Over the years I’ve been surprised at what they were able to put away. Here’s hoping you’ll get some enjoyment from her hard work and saving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 44 Posts