Mary's aunt passed away

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jimhoag, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    Before Mary and I became disabled I owned a excavating company. I made &2,500 a week on average. We've been living on social security. We we're barely getting along. Mary's aunt passed away the end of September. We had no idea she had so much money. Got a call from her lawyer that within 2 weeks we're going to receive what he said is a large check. She'll get more when he auctions off the furniture and sells the house. I told Mary I was going to order another custom 1911. Boy did she blow up. It will be nice to payoff our bills.

2. Greg M.

Greg M. Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 6, 2020

Sorry to hear of your loss!

Spokes, isialk and Jimhoag like this.

3. Dub

Dub born in the wrong century

Mar 19, 2017
    Sorry for your loss.

Hopefully some good will come from the inheritance.

Spokes and isialk like this.
  4. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    Plan on paying off credit cards and getting Mary a new set of glasses. May get some body work on our explorer. It's in great mechanical shape. But has some rust. I'd like a 2 tone pistol. Ever since I gave my grandson my Hoag pistol I have been craving a 2 tone pistol.

5. retrieverman

retrieverman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    This doesn’t sound like post from a man looking for sympathy but more like a man looking for advice on how to spend his windfall.:popcorn:

6. Greg M.

Greg M. Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 6, 2020

You could be a little bit right there lol. I just was trying to not acknowledge that. Lol I always send unknown callers to voicemail in case it’s someone saying your uncle died left all his bills to you :roflmaro:

7. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Well, sir, you'll obviously never be able to recreate your Hoag, I'm sure that your grandson cherishes it though and that was a phenomenal heirloom to hand down. That said, sorry for your (your bride's) loss. Now, you came to the right place for suggestions on how to spend your $. As you are well aware, we addicts are almost as good at spending each other's $, as our own. Two tone, call @Karl Beining, last I heard, about a year out. He's the guy for two tones. Haven't handled one yet, I will eventually, but I've only heard good things and his guns seem to be very well put together. That would be my choice in a free state of the guys whose books are open. Good luck. Feel free to shoot me a PM to discuss further. Good luck my friend.

8. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    I'm not looking for sympathy. I was in amazement that her aunt had this much money . She didn't live like she had money. She inherited her house from her mother. A 3,000 sq foot house with full basement in one of Lexington's nicer neighborhood. Have you ever answered your phone and a lawyer says there's 3 beneficiarys to the estate. The check will be big not buying a home big but new car big. I jad to get him to repeat what he said. We've been living on $1,675 a month. Mary's cancer eat up just about everything we had. I'm sorry I was just so shocked.

9. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    Mary's aunt was 88 year's old. She was a great lady.

10. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    I'm well aware I can't replace a Hoag master grade. But a nice Wilson or nighthawk wouldn't hurt my feelings.

11. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    NH classic or call Karl. My vote.

12. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    I'm thinking dominator or Wilson classic

13. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    Karl would probably be my choice. There's a nice Wilson for sale here

14. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    You deserve every bit of it for what you and your wonderful wife have been going through. I would advise not splurging too much. That is all. You are a good man and I am better for knowing you.

15. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Congratulations to the miss’s and as suggested don’t go too crazy, as I’m sure you understand it doesn’t last as long as you think, hope or believe it will.
    That said I’m sure you will locate just the right two tone firearm your heart desires!

16. jaydoc

jaydoc i'm riding a turtle!

Aug 10, 2012
    You and Mary deserve a little sunshine in your life! Best to you John!

17. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    sorry about the aunt but glad to hear you and mary are getting some extra $$ to make your lives better.

OneEyedTanker, A45GUNNER and isialk like this.
  18. razorbacker

razorbacker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 2, 2011
    Congrats on the windfall, certainly a blessing for you and Mary. Her aunt reminds me of this book I read several years ago, "The Millionaire Next Door." Many folks live quiet unassuming lives, save and invest their money, live frugal lives buying only necessities and die wealthy. Neighbors, friends and relatives have no ideal the amount accumulated over their lifetime.

https://www.amazon.com/Millionaire-Next-Door-Surprising-Americas/dp/1589795474

OneEyedTanker likes this.
  19. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Our families all come from this same small town. Parents grew up in the Great Depression and had little. But saving was what they were all about. Over the years I’ve been surprised at what they were able to put away. Here’s hoping you’ll get some enjoyment from her hard work and saving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

livinthelife likes this.
  20. livinthelife

livinthelife Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Sorry to hear of a loved ones passing. But as much as you and Mary do for others its nice to hear of you getting some extra capital to work with.

God bless you and yours John
    Sincerely
    Corey

rockittsled and Jimhoag like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted