1911 Firearm Addicts banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
In Kentucky
9,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Like I said I was amazed she had that much money. We expected a few thousand dollars. Never seen a estate being settled this fast

·
In Kentucky
9,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
We're working on a plan. I called social security today and was informed as long as it's a inheritance it will not affect or social security. Went to family services the state office for insurance food stamps etc. I have to call Monday to see if it'll affect our health insurance.

1. Pay off credit cards
2. Get Mary's teeth fixed
3. Pay off all other bills
4. Then think about another pistol.
This will depend on what the state says about health insurance. I may get our explorer body repaired. Has some rust and clear coat peeling. A new pistol is far down on the list.

·
Deo Volente
7,015 Posts
We're working on a plan. I called social security today and was informed as long as it's a inheritance it will not affect or social security. Went to family services the state office for insurance food stamps etc. I have to call Monday to see if it'll affect our health insurance.

1. Pay off credit cards
2. Get Mary's teeth fixed
3. Pay off all other bills
4. Then think about another pistol.
This will depend on what the state says about health insurance. I may get our explorer body repaired. Has some rust and clear coat peeling. A new pistol is far down on the list.
There ya go! A solid plan that let's you and Mary breath easy!

·
Deo Volente
7,015 Posts
Got Mary here new glasses today.
That's huge. New glasses take so much frustration out of everyday life!
Now time to pay off the smallest credit card balances first so you have something to celebrate! :grin::grin::grin:

Reactions: Jimhoag

·
In Kentucky
9,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Got call today from para legal today. They foumd 3 more accounts. These 3 are bigger than the 17 they already found. Checks to the 3 beneficiarys will go out next Thursday or Friday. Plus the funds from auction of house and furniture

·
In Kentucky
9,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have checked with social security disability and state insurance. That it is a inheritance it will not effect our current status

·
In Kentucky
9,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
We discussed investing in gold. Gold prices are supposed to be at all time high price. I sent away for a book on first time gold investing. My suggestion was to invest in 1911s. I was overruled. If anyone has information on gold or silver investing I could use help. My luck I'd buy gold and price tanks.

·
In Kentucky
9,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
We've looked on line at different veteran organizations. WWP has a 86% rating from IRS. Totally transparent and 71% of donations go to veterans. The rest is used om administration and fund raising and other programs.

·
In Kentucky
9,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The other group we looked at is Disabled American Veterans. 85% to veterans. They don't provide the number of services to veterans

·
Registered
505 Posts
I wouldn’t donate to the WWP. I think there are other great veteran foundations out there to donate too. My opinion though.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
I've read the WWP cleaned up their act after they got caught several years back. The Gary Sinese/Lt Dan foundation seems to be first class.

·
In Kentucky
9,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Sinese has a higher rating than wwp but offers less services

·
In Kentucky
9,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
The lawyer called Friday saying Mary will need to come to Lexington to sign papers. They're supposed to call Monday to set up a appointment.

·
In Kentucky
9,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I have decided to buy one more 1911. A 2 tone. I have a all black and a stainless steel. Need a 2 tone to roumd out my collection. I shoot all my pistols so I don't need a bunch of them . 3 will be more than enough for me.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts