1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody out there ever sent a gun to Bunker Arms for their Master Bluing? Can you send me your thoughts - and pictures if you have.

·
Vendor
Follow me on Instagram for upcoming for sale items, keyword TexasPatriotArms
1,325 Posts
Yep, it's first class alright. As you can see if you opened up the last night Kyle referenced, I think highly of it.

·
Deo Volente
8,130 Posts
I would highly recommend Tyler Gun Works, but after talking to him on Friday he said he was about a year out on his private customer orders. Tyler Gun Works specializes in metal/firearms finishing. This says a lot as he is the go to outfit for a number of manufacturers including a number of Italian gun makers.

I know exactly what you mean about photos not being able to capture the true beauty of some metal finishes and engraving. Brandon does excellent work!

Reactions: cundiff5535

·
Chambers Custom Owners Club
3,114 Posts
I 100% endorse Bunker Arms. I would also suggest Joe Chambers! I think both are not only amazing smiths, but know how to Blue a gun to perfection.

If you are specifically asking about Brandan's Blue Only. I can confidently say you have nothing to worry about! I've seen many people blue pistols... 90% of the people trash the gun. Including many people who are considered "good". I'm not going to name any companies or Smiths by name but, something's that get passed off as acceptable is mind blowing to me. Rolled letters, rounder edges, just bad stuff.

I'll also say, Bunker does make his own Salts. I have a 1911 he build me, his blueing has more of a gray tone to it... more like older carbona blue. A lot of it has to do with the actual metal but, his blue seems a little different.

The pic I am including isn't his "master blue" but an example of the color. Additionally, the other pistol (mirror) was polished by him... but has DLC as the finish.

Attachments

·
Deo Volente
8,130 Posts
I 100% endorse Bunker Arms. I would also suggest Joe Chambers! I think both are not only amazing smiths, but know how to Blue a gun to perfection.

If you are specifically asking about Brandan's Blue Only. I can confidently say you have nothing to worry about! I've seen many people blue pistols... 90% of the people trash the gun. Including many people who are considered "good". I'm not going to name any companies or Smiths by name but, something's that get passed off as acceptable is mind blowing to me. Rolled letters, rounder edges, just bad stuff.

I'll also say, Bunker does make his own Salts. I have a 1911 he build me, his blueing has more of a gray tone to it... more like older carbona blue. A lot of it has to do with the actual metal but, his blue seems a little different.

The pic I am including isn't his "master blue" but an example of the color. Additionally, the other pistol (mirror) was polished by him... but has DLC as the finish.
Awesome!

Reactions: cundiff5535

·
Registered
862 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Correct, "curly Koa". Somebody please buy this gun, and save me from myself!! thanks
Nice! Good Koa has a 3 dimensional quality of the grain. It is most evident when you slowly move the piece in sunlight. I finished this set last night.

Gun Brown Firearm Trigger Tan

·
Vendor
Follow me on Instagram for upcoming for sale items, keyword TexasPatriotArms
1,325 Posts
Those are beautiful and I like the medallion as well. That's a nice touch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts