Mastercard..... Troubling information to you all

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by walleyemonster, Dec 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. walleyemonster

walleyemonster Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2017
    I am a simple man. 67 years old. Listening to Glenn Beck this morning, I look to his show for info generally not disseminated thru the regular media.
    He reported that Microsoft and MasterCard are in partnership, or soon will be, to assign digital ID's to all customers. This info will then be freely given to the government to use as they see fit. You will be tracked in everything you do. Generally I understand that my info is used on what I buy to attack me with ads to suit my purchasing habits. The caveat now is that giving my info to the government without a search warrant is disturbing to my inherent right to privacy and our constitution. Beck strongly suggested that all MasterCard users close their accounts.
    Taking that advice to task, I called several different banks to see what they issued as to debit cards. (I do not use credit cards, period.) All used MasterCard. So now I am looking for alternatives. At this point I don't see many options. I may start using cash for most purchases. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    An increasingly intrusive banking system, and government spying without warrant bothers me a great deal. It should bother you all as well.....

2. xerts1191

xerts1191 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017
    Big Brother is everywhere, for the sake of convenience or laziness I use my debit card for 98% of my purchases (MasterCard). I’m screwed!

boatdoc likes this.

3. john_anch_ak

john_anch_ak Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 7, 2017
    Up until last month I never had a Mastercard, I had a Cabelas Visa card for well over 25 years. When Bass Pro bought out Cabelas they kicked Visa out and brought Mastercard in. Time to pay it off and delete the account.
    This is BS!

xerts1191, Steve Owens and SparkyAZ like this.
  4. SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ It is a dry heat, right... Supporting Addict

Sep 11, 2012
    I am in the same situation John, my Cabelas card. I might check out other sources for factual information before I cancel, having a hard time trusting most "news" sources these days...

5. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
  6. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    Does anyone actually believe the government isn't tracking purchases already ?

7. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Wells Fargo currently uses VISA for their debit and credit cards.

8. SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ It is a dry heat, right... Supporting Addict

Sep 11, 2012
    Wells Fargo... sign up for a credit card and they refinance your house, open up a home equity line of credit and start a Christmas fund for you... all at the same time... without your permission. Now isn't that special?

july19, KTXdm9, UBOATDOC and 7 others like this.
  9. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    It's not just purchases. Street cameras are now common in urban areas. In PA, they inform you that your drivers license photo may be used in conjunction with face recognition software. If you have an Android phone, the sensor package can be used to, not just track your location, but also what mode of travel you likely using (walking, riding in a car, etc).

10. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Pretty much. But they will say they're sorry afterwards.

Mike Meints likes this.
  11. Apollo99

Apollo99 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    I tried ditching the credit cards and debit cards and just using cash. It worked for most things like groceries and department stores. When it came to gas purchases, if you can't pay at the pump, you have to wait on line with all the people getting cigarettes, lottery tickets and two for a dollar hotdogs and a gallon on soda for 49 cents. On line purchases and bill paying is impossible also. Like xerts1191 said I'm screwed.

boatdoc, xerts1191 and wcanterbury like this.
  12. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Use them to buy ammo and vagina hats,enough confusion to shut down half the govt. :)

13. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2018
    Well if paranoia is going to destroy you just buy cash debit cards and also use cash.. Personally will have to verify that this information is correct, do not put a lot of credence in radio entertainers.

I use cash whenever possible.

14. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    FWIW, my Bank of America debit card is a Visa. BoA is also the devil, so...

UBOATDOC, boatdoc, xerts1191 and 2 others like this.
  15. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    I too noticed this, by any chance did that change affect your credit score this month? I had a drop in credit rating nearly 40 points and that was the only thing on my cc accounts that had changed.

xerts1191 likes this.
  16. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    I don't care F'em my drug dealer takes MasterCard but won't take Visa and he's not worried.:p
    Let them track, what are they gonna find, big F N deal where I spend money.
    Whoopty Doo.
    They should know by tracking my spending that they should come prepared.
    If that's the edge they were looking for.
    :poop::computer::bang:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Harleyvato, xerts1191, pcso13 and 4 others like this.
  17. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    They already know and not by our choice! I’m with Wheels on this, F’em!!!!

18. john_anch_ak

Mar 7, 2017
    Wells Fargo, for some reason, does not seem to be a very honest "business". Of course what bank is honest??

xerts1191 and Steve Owens like this.
  19. john_anch_ak

Mar 7, 2017
    Not that I noticed, but I have to admit that I seldom check my credit score very often.

xerts1191 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted