Maxx Tech 9mm Ammo Issues

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by SteveCNJ, Sep 15, 2020.

1. SteveCNJ

SteveCNJ Member

Oct 17, 2019
    I picked up some of this ammo in 115 gr. I have been getting stovepipes regularly in my DW Guardian and Kimber Pro Carry ll. Has anyone else used this ammo and had issues with it? It's from GH Ammunition.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. CoalCracker.

CoalCracker. Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2020
    Is that the stuff with the double wall casings? If you look in the empty casing you will see the inside has a partial what i call a second brass wall, That stuff is a pain to resize. I never shot it myself.

3. nikerret

nikerret Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    I believe you are correct. I have never tried it, either.

4. 1911 dawg

1911 dawg Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2018
    I had the same problem with Maxx Tech it's a bunch of junk . I gave two boxes to a guy at the range a few months ago .

5. 1hawaii50

1hawaii50 Member

Feb 9, 2020
    I bought about 500rds of MaxxTech in .45. They were so out of spec that I couldn't get through one single magazine without having the slide fail to return to battery. Same issue across a Dan Wesson, Sig Sauer, and HK. I went all the way to the distributor for Maxx Tech for the company I bought it from and they agreed to take it back.

6. WVsig

WVsig Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2018
  7. nikerret

nikerret Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    Freedom Munitions uses stepped cases? I’ve shot thousands of rounds of it and never found one. Is this a recent change in their new ammo?

8. SteveCNJ

SteveCNJ Member

Oct 17, 2019
    That is the box. I did have similar issues with other ammo so I'm discounting the ammo as the culprit. The first shot after getting it back from being serviced resulted in a stove pipe. The DW Guardian is back at CZ for the second time. There is over 1800 rounds through this gun and prior to this ran pretty well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

WVsig likes this.
  9. WVsig

WVsig Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2018
    I don't know if they still do but they did at one time in their new 9mm. I bought some at one time a few years ago and was going to reload them and found the stepped case and end up trashing them all.

10. CoalCracker.

CoalCracker. Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2020
    Same here with freedom. I used their reman ammo. Before i started to load my own. I had not noticed any stepped casings. I do believe they use brass folks send in for the credit program. So a stepped case could have been in some folks rounds.

1911_Bandit likes this.
  11. WVsig

WVsig Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2018
    It was their factory new not reload ammo that had the stepped case. IMT headstamp IIRC. I don't know if they still use it. I believe FM, Maxxtech and Ammoland use the same brass.

[​IMG]

CoalCracker. likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted