Memorable First Impression - Guncrafter

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by azguy1911, Aug 22, 2018.

1. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    So many of you may remember my less than impressive CS experience with Ed Brown a while back and I'm not sure if that effects my feelings toward the gun (honestly I don't think so) but I would rate it well behind my Nighthawk and Wilson's in terms of looks and over "hand presence". To me it feels closer to my Dan Wesson, than NH and WC, but whatever - I own it.

After all the heartache with Brown when they returned the gun they didn't offer a shirt, hat, bag of peanuts, etc and I think their rep created an account to make 2 rebuttal posts in my thread and we never heard from him again on here and George at Gunslingers made 1 and disappeared. Being the premier 1911 forum you'd think the rep would want a presence. He's quite the active poster on the other site.

Well last week I bought a GI bobtail, here on addicts, and the rep added in the 4-sale thread he would throw in a towel as it was missing. After I secured the gun he reached out and asked my shirt size.

Well yesterday I got home and waiting on my doorstep was a package with the towel, shirt and a nice note. Keep in mind this was a used gun, GI didn't owe me anything. WC, NH and now GI are companies I will continue to buy new and used guns from.

View attachment 147621

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  2. sean10mm

sean10mm Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Might want to re-word that title lol

Good on Guncrafter though.

DPGI and FWoo45 like this.

3. stlgecko

stlgecko Gecko Lives Matter

May 24, 2014
    That’s absolutely awesome of Derek to do that. You’re gonna love the gun.

cwoods, colrhino and DPGI like this.
  4. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Awesome, congrats on the guncrafter and great customer service.

colrhino, WHEELS and DPGI like this.
  5. N of 1

N of 1 just one more

Nov 3, 2016
    know what your gonna like even more than that... the gun! congrats on both fronts

colrhino and DPGI like this.
  6. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    That is really awesome. Honestly it’s the small things in customer service that folks remember and that make a huge difference, be they good or bad. Guncrafter obviously understands this and apparently Brown does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. DPVY

DPVY Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Wooo! Glad it showed up.

I tried writing that note by hand. After the fourth attempt, my loving wife told me that I write like a (redacted), and to type the note... and also use this awesome cat paperclip!

Can't wait for you to get your hands on that gun.

For everyone that hasn't had any experience with us; this is the rule, not the exception. You guys, as customers, have enough confidence in us to invest a fairly large amount of money into our products. In return, we invest in you.

When I tell you all not to hesitate to reach out to me directly, I mean it. That is why my contact information is so easily accessible.

Thank you again for your support!

samuse, robustbambi, gps man and 19 others like this.
  8. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Not to derail this thread
    I’m Thinking I need to look at GI for my 9mm replacement.

9. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    It's not a derail, it's why I make these posts. It's serious money to buy a quality 1911 and to many very, very serious money. The experience should be up to the price tag. Forum reps play a huge part as well as the CS reputation and build quality of the company.

From everything I have experienced from GI, and I don't even have the gun yet, I'd buy another in a second.

10. LPRoad

LPRoad Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 16, 2015
    It takes so little to keep people happy.

gps man and colrhino like this.
  11. july19

july19 Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled. Supporting Addict

Sep 16, 2013
    I highly recommend that you do. The all steel version is a great shooter.

DPGI and colrhino like this.
  12. WoodrowAugustus

WoodrowAugustus Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2018
    That is great customer service. Glad to see you sharing the good experiences along with the bad. We can all learn from both.

13. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    That Derek guy is a class act.......as well as the rest at Guncrafter.
    They simply get it.

cwoods, DPGI, jaydoc and 2 others like this.
  14. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Awesome, can't wait for a review of the pistol.

15. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    I’m really interested in your impressions of the gun as I have my first Guncrafter coming soon! It to is used from Dan, almost paid off.
    It is a GI NN Bobtail commander 45 so I’m anxiously expecting awesomeness!!

Good deal on the towel and shirt, I like companies that take care of customers new and used!!

16. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    Excellent to hear. By the way my thoughts on ed Browns are similar they are to close to DW might as well pay half and buy a DW. GI NH are definitely a step above imo so is Wilson but to a smaller degree.. Best of luck with your new GI.

17. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    congrats..GI proves again what a class act they are.

enjoy the ride

18. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    Very true!!

I wish that I had the sort of cash flow that I could drop $2-6K on semi custom or custom 1911's regularly without a problem but I, like most cant. When it comes time to buying a new custom 1911 or sending out a gun to a smith for a build it is a serious investment of both trust and cash for folks which is why reputation is important

cwoods, colrhino, DPGI and 4 others like this.
  19. jmr986

jmr986 Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Good to hear on GI, and thanks for sharing. Customer service seems to be a lost art nowadays. I know some of us old-timers put a lot of value on CS. You buy the gun and the company. Will consider GI for my next purchase, once I pay for my CZ TSO and WC CQB. When does it end?

simonp, colrhino, ZArugby and 2 others like this.
  20. Coolsound

Coolsound Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2018
    Thanks for sharing your good experience with GI. I will definitely put GI on my bucket list. I had a not so stellar experience with Les Baer customer service on a rifle that I am hesitant from buying anymore Les Baer products. Some companies do not get the concept of keeping your customer base (within reason of course). If you don't treat your existing customers right, they will cease to be your customers...

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted