memorial day

Discussion in 'Open Mic' started by boatdoc, May 20, 2019.

1. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    as a kid ,you celebrate every holiday.

as an adult you learn to distinguish which one are celebrated vs which ones serve to memorialize others. this IS THE BIG ONE coming.

It is hard to address our service members. YOu really want to thank them for their service.. that is fine BUT you cannot say" have a great day on Memorial day" It is a heavy heart day. you remember all the service members past and present and what they gave for you to be a FREE American.

I am leaning on wishing them a good day and thanking them. not sure how else to honor the day and not be a jerk

ps I also try to remember those who perished on 9-11-01 as well.

we never can forget

how do you address our service folks? do you have a better way? I am open to suggestions that show class and respect

Have a good day next monday and try to remember what the day means. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you who have served. THANK YOU

Kip, 1911 dawg, xerts1191 and 7 others like this.
  2. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    God bless them all, here and abroad that gave what they did and allowed us the freedom that we enjoy today and days to come.
    Thank you.

My dad 1936 in boot camp upstate NY with a bud.
    DC481E31-F513-4BE3-8664-CE5130500934.jpeg

Kip, 1911 dawg, A45GUNNER and 2 others like this.

3. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    A good song.

boatdoc likes this.
  4. jfrey

jfrey Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 10, 2012
    I remember my dad who, for 22 years, served this country in a lot of places. My uncle who was blasted off his ship at Pearl Harbor, and my son who served for 8 years to protect us and our freedom. To my son I simply say "Thank you from all of us"., Don't need to say a lot, they understand.

boatdoc, Kip, 1911 dawg and 1 other person like this.
  5. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    I remember my two grandfathers every day! I have their flags up in my living room so I can see them every day:shameful: very proud!

As for current and living veterans. I give them a heart felt very real THANK YOU!!!!

boatdoc, Kip and 1911 dawg like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted