Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'Rifles & Shotguns' started by Built6spdMCSS, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Built6spdMCSS

Built6spdMCSS Forgets this forum exists from time to time

Aug 16, 2018
    This is my Christmas present to myself..

Custom built AR10 .308 Rifle that I added a few mods to, basically built this to be a DMR. So far shooting it, it seems to be really picky on ammo. 1:10 barrel with a match chamber, with NATO 150gr it groups about 2" at 50 yards. Buddy I know that shoots alot said that barrel will work really well with the 168gr BTHP, so I'll try that next time. I was just putting rounds through it to get it on paper. AR10.jpg

2. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Very good looking rifle, I hope you find the right load soon

3. Built6spdMCSS

Aug 16, 2018
    Thanks. I hope so too lol my Remington 700 TWS .308 that same day was shooting the NATO and touching holes at 50 yards, 3 shots took out the bullseye. Bolt action 26" 1:12 barrel. 700 TWS.png

1L26 likes this.
  4. 45caldude

45caldude Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2015
    Nice looking rifle. I've had rifles that should shoot heavier bullets at a faster twist that actually shot better with loads from a lighter bullet. I had one rifle shoot 3" at 100 yards with one load and 1/2" at 100 yards with another load. Good luck finding the correct pairing.

Since it's a custom built did they make or buy a specific brand of barrel?

wcanterbury likes this.
  5. Built6spdMCSS

Aug 16, 2018
    It's a Diamondback Fluted Stainless Bull Barrel

6. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    With rifle I have found that finding the right load for the gun is pretty important. Not being familiar with the barrel maker or knowing what it cost, or what glass is on top, trigger, blah blah, I dont have an opinion on the accuracy. Try different loadings and good luck. She looks good though. Congratulations and merry Christmas.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted