Les Baer Met a Fellow 1911 Fan

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by WhoIsJohnGalt?, Apr 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. WhoIsJohnGalt?

WhoIsJohnGalt? We Are! Supporting Addict

Feb 20, 2018
    Had a nice interaction with a fellow 1911 fan recently.

I’d been running errands the better part of the day for my elderly father and was about to head home. I’d stopped at a drive-thru and grabbed a quick bite while sitting in their parking lot.

I’d been wearing one of those fabled photojournalist vests - I know, I know - sorry, but I’m a vest-nerd and wear one from time to time. Not often but, sometimes, the mood just strikes. I’ve taken to calling mine a “Walter Sobchak Tribute Garment” haha. And, while wearing it through my Dad’s doctor’s appointment, shopping for him, and refueling my vehicle, how many people cared about what I was wearing? Zero as far as I know. Just like it ought to be. But, I digress...

I’d shed the vest for the drive home and now needed to throw away my garbage from my late lunch. I left the vest in the truck and crossed the lot to a garbage can, open-carrying for all of about 35 seconds. My state allows it, so I figured it was okay.

Back at my truck and applying a fresh coat of hand sanitizer to my chapped palms and fingers, I saw a vehicle pass behind me and heard a voice: “Hey, is that a 1911?”

A fellow motorist also doing a little in-car dining had spotted my Baer on brief display. For a couple of minutes, the gentleman and I compared notes and expressed our mutual appreciation of our favorite sidearm. We bid each other a “stay safe” and headed our separate ways.

It was nice cap-off to an otherwise busy day.

CE368670-B95B-4682-B8F2-DECC9AAA4C3D.jpeg

2. Texduramax

Texduramax Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013

3. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    You meet the nicest people when you carry a Baer.:)

4. WhoIsJohnGalt?

Feb 20, 2018
    You know, my regret from the conversation I had was that I didn’t ask if he was a member here haha!

Journeyman1234 and Texduramax like this.
  5. WhoIsJohnGalt?

Feb 20, 2018
    Agreed haha!

6. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Always extend the olive branch...

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.”

7. jcc7x7

jcc7x7 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Yes and Amen to all the above!

isialk, WhoIsJohnGalt? and Dub like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted