1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Metaloy Hard Chrome
Ivory by Nutmeg Sports

Jim at Nutmeg Sports fit these to his own Brown KC. Fits pretty nicely. Grain and color are first rate. Jim allows you to specify color and graining (at no additional charge) during your order. He does his best to pick a match.

·
Eddie Van Halen
6,927 Posts
that actually looks pretty good. I wouldn't have expected Ivory to appeal to me on a Stainless type finish.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments. I feel I need to purchase a white dinner jacket and a white patent leather holster next. :lol:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Nice one, gocanes. My Colt in the pic has some of Nutmegs on them also with a nice, aged finish. I generally don't care for ivories on a bright gun but yours has changed my opinion.............

tw

·
Super Moderator
13,460 Posts
Metaloy Hard Chrome
Ivory by Nutmeg Sports

Jim at Nutmeg Sports fit these to his own Brown KC. Fits pretty nicely. Grain and color are first rate. Jim allows you to specify color and graining (at no additional charge) during your order. He does his best to pick a match.

Great looking gun. Chris does spectacular work. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
That's hardchrome. Not bead blasted stainless. You must never make that mistake again, or be forever banished. :tongueout:

:rofl2:
No mistake. The metal is bead blasted to produce a matte finish. Polish and you get shiny, blast and you get varying degrees depending on the media.
OOOPS!

·
BIG OL' BALD HAID !
3,291 Posts
Love the finish! :thumb:

And the grips and gun ain't too shabby either! :lol:

DAT85

·
#15 to Register!
426 Posts
I really like that. I was thinking of getting my 10mm CBOB hard chromed....maybe ivory grips?

deadite

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Great pics of a beautiful piece!

I can't photograph my Nutmeg ivory grips worth spit.:oops:

see what I mean?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've never really been a fan of ivory grips until I saw yours. That grain in the ivory really sets the grips and gun off nicely. Looks fantastic.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts