1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,960 Posts
This barrel bushing was included with a bunch of parts that I bought recently.

I am guessing made by the Micro Sight Company, maybe from the ‘80s?

View attachment 364089

Compared to a USGI (L) bushing
View attachment 364091
Micros were very popular in the 70s and not quite as much in the 80s as more and more aftermarket products became available. They're long gone. I also used to use Microbed for re-enforcing vented M-14 handguards.

They were good bushings for their time and often used to replace Colt bushings that often broke.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
11,465 Posts
I have had one of these in the shop, I am suspecting your right as it actually come on a gun that had the micro sight on it as well. It appears to be cast unless the line I am seeing in it is just a shadow, but looks kind of like a casting line to me.

·
Premium Member
17,960 Posts
I have had one of these in the shop, I am suspecting your right as it actually come on a gun that had the micro sight on it as well. It appears to be cast unless the line I am seeing in it is just a shadow, but looks kind of like a casting line to me.
My early IPSC Colts had micro bushings and MMC fixed rear sights. It was SOP to mill the slide and silver solder in a front.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The script on the front if the bushing looked the same as on the sights that I had seen.

I’ll have to look at it again, I didn’t notice a cast line.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A few more pics. It seems to be a decent quality piece that I may fit to a barrel and slide one of these days.

I have a complete Series 70 Government slide/barrel with a collet bushing waiting for the right frame. This bushing just might be part of that project.

Finger Brown Skin Nail Nail care
Finger Household hardware Metal Nail Thumb
Blue Finger Jewellery Electric blue Cobalt blue
Finger Nail Thumb Household hardware
Finger Red Metal Material property Coquelicot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.