In the news Microsoft buying Tic-Toc

Discussion in 'Political Outhouse' started by Fiddler1537, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Fiddler1537

Fiddler1537 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Jan 13, 2013
    Hmmmm... China and Bill Gates in cahoots?

2. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Some people just want money and power. They don't care who they have to make a deal with.

jfrey likes this.

3. jfrey

jfrey Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 10, 2012
    I put these tech folks in the same category as the "movie stars". Who cares??? Bill Gates will get in bed with who ever it takes to make himself more money. He could care less about the rest of us.

Roehl and B81 like this.
  4. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    This morning after breakfast I'm sitting there and began to think my kitchen table was in cahoots with China.
    IMG_1239.JPG
    corrosion adds flavor
    IMG_1238.JPG

IMG_1246.JPG
    my coffee cup
    IMG_1240.JPG
    my breakfast dish
    IMG_1241.JPG
    the toaster

oh, and the phone I took these pictures was made in China. I've heard money managers say that if we stopped trade with China the value of the dollar would drop 25%...that's above my paygrade but I do know the hip bone is connected to the thigh bone.

isialk likes this.
  5. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Your kitchen table doesn't collect personal info and monitor your behavior. Tic Toc does.

The CEO of Reddit, who has strong Leftwing biases, hates Tic Toc. He described as fundamentally parasitic software that is always spying on you.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...p-fundamentally-parasitic-spyware/4895825002/

Apple recently caught Tic Toc apps on iPhone snooping around for user's info.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdof...ing-on-millions-of-iphone-users/#683dc35634ef

It's basically a Trojan horse from our buddy, and Whinie the Poo doppelganger, Xi Jinping.

Naturally, China denies such allegations, and now Tic Toc is looking to become a US company to help alleviate suspicions. As if becoming a US based company somehow proves your loyalty to the US and America values.

EDIT: another interesting article about Tic Tok and how evil it is: https://www.boredpanda.com/tik-tok-...ckgo&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=organic

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    Roehl likes this.
  6. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    I believe I've been compromised using this device, but you are always more right.

isialk likes this.
  7. Roehl

Roehl Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2019
    And imagine China’s outrage if this was American company doing the same thing to them. I know I can’t avoid Chinese products as a whole but I certainly choose another product even if it’s more just to avoid Chinese manufactured products when possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B81 likes this.