1. Baldwin

Baldwin Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2018
    I probably shouldn't do this here, but I have to vent.

So I'm wanting a single stage press to deprime and resize before tumbling. I notice that Midway has a Lee Breech Lock Classic Cast on sale and after looking around, it seemed like a good price. This is during a time that Midway is offering free shipping on orders over $49. While ordering online I learn that the free shipping deal is on selected items and of course, this press is not a selected item. But I decide to go ahead and order the press anyway. When I receive the press, I find that it's missing the retaining ring that holds the shell holder in place. I call Midway and after spending about 10 minutes on hold, they tell me that they will send me the part. When I get the email confirming shipment of the retaining ring I see that it's for a Hornady LNL single stage press. Thinking they were sending the wrong part, I email Midway and they reply that the Hornady part should work. Of course it didn't so I call Midway again (another 10 minutes on hold). Midway's customer service tells me that they don't stock the Lee part and I would have to call Lee customer service about the issue. I talk with Lee's customer service and they said they would provide the part free if I would email them the Midway receipt and pictures of the press. It seemed like it might be simpler to just buy the part and I ask the nice lady at Lee about the cost. She said that it would be free but I would have to pay shipping ($6.05). So ordered the retaing ring and paid the shipping.

I'm probably expecting too much but the way Midway handled this issue pisses me off. They offered to take the press back if it had not been used. I had mounted it to my riser before realizing there was a problem. To be honest, I told Midway this and they said in that case, they couldn't take it back. In addition to Midway, I've done a good bit of business with Brownells and Midsouth. I probably won't stop buying from Midway entirely, but I will consider the other guys more in the future. I think I feel better now. .

boatdoc and xerts1191 like this.
  2. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    Addicts don't let Addicts buy from Midway or anyplace that's cheaper than terra firma.

boatdoc, Uncle Bob, xerts1191 and 2 others like this.

3. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Buy a Dillon, problem solved. Fantastic Customer Service.

Johnny Johnston, Dub, gps man and 6 others like this.
  4. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    Larry Potterfield is a douchebag.
    I will do without before supporting Midway.

5. psafety

psafety ex Rent-a-Engineer

Oct 11, 2018
    Unless mistaken my last 38Superb Starline+P came from Midway. As tight as I am, it had to have been the cheapest at that time.

Old Sea Dragon and simonp like this.
  6. HooDoo Man

HooDoo Man Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 26, 2017
    There's a reason go to Brownells first. Get the EDGE and free shipping after the initial fee, even with the smallest order. And NEVER had a problem with any return. For any reason. If they don't have it then I'll look at Midway.

Badabing11, techiede and Mike Meints like this.
  7. Baldwin

Feb 16, 2018
    I reload on a 550C. I just like to use a single stage to deprime and resize before wet tumbling.

Dub likes this.
  8. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Lee should have sent you the part, gratis, Midway tried to help

Capthobo and simonp like this.
  9. apipeguy

apipeguy Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2014
    I used to buy a lot from Midway and Brownells. I now buy everything from Brownells, never any issues and really good customer service.

boatdoc, Badabing11, gaijin and 2 others like this.
  10. Don_P

Don_P Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 4, 2018
    And there's your problem right there. Midway sells you an item that requires their attention and they dump the responsibility on the customer.

Badabing11 likes this.
  11. jfbong1911

jfbong1911 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2018
    I just bought a rock chucker supreme reloading kit from Scheels for 299.99 compared to Midway 379.00 WTF. If they make a profit at 299.00 wounder what they pay for it.

Dub likes this.
  12. HooDoo Man

HooDoo Man Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 26, 2017
    One other thing that drove me away from Midway. As soon as the stupid Kalifornia law came it to affect that you had to have internet ammo orders go thru a approved CA vendor, Midway butted out right away. No ammo to Kalifornia. Period. Brownells went along with the program, to this day. Midway will not. (90% or my ammo comes from Target Sports anyway)

boatdoc likes this.
  13. Wildcat Creeker

Wildcat Creeker Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Wow. This is a surprise to me. I thought from what I have read that he is one of the good guys. Is this wrong? Please explain. I was going to order some scope rings from Midway today but I did not like the way their site was jacking me around so I ordered them from Amazon.

14. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    I don’t order much from Midway. Never had a problem with them, but as a Missouri residential get hit with shipping and sales tax....

Brownell’s for he because of that, and their outstanding service

15. InstiGator

InstiGator Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Whenever I need something I check Midway and Brownell's and order from whichever has it in stock or cheaper. Never had a problem with either of them. Guess I've been lucky.

Badabing11 and Dub like this.
  16. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Brownells IP bans many many countries so I do inadvertently buy more from Midway.

17. Baldwin

Feb 16, 2018
    I agree and that's the main issue I had with how Midway handled this problem. No business is perfect and it's how it handles problems that determines how good it is.

18. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Midway has always been very receptive to my needs. Sorry to hear about your experience! I’d be pissed too.

Keep the Lee, but think Blue for your up-grade. And trust me, you will up-grade. You can’t beat their “No B.S. Warranty.”

Dub and Dwe like this.
  19. Baldwin

Feb 16, 2018
    I reload on a Dillon 550C. I just use a single stage press to deprime and resize before wet tumbling. I also use the single stage to pull bullets.

Dub likes this.
  20. zipper046

zipper046 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Dillon....direct...’nuff said...

Oh...and just remember...Midway is just a middle-man...a VAR (Value Added Retailer...although don’t see the “value” sometimes, LOL)

Dub and FWoo45 like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted