Les Baer Missed it by just a bit

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Doc45, Nov 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Doc45

Doc45 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    If any of you have been following my plight to sell my recently acquired used TRS to fund a new old model that's unfired in the box well unfortunately I won't be getting it.

I met with the old gentleman today that has the unfired model. It truly is an unmolested new in the box 2000 year TRS (he has the original receipt of his purchase in June of 2000). However due to no sale of my TRS (I was perhaps unrealistically optimistic I could sell it fast) and the price he put on his I had turn it down. He did have another buyer interested-a guy I kind of know, we see each other at the range now and then and have talked about our appreciation of Baer 1911s among other things.

Well the price ended up at $2k, not out of line but without selling mine it wasn't going to happen. The other buyer agreed to the price-yes we all met at the same time at the range to talk about and view the gun-the other buyer knew going in I had first rights to it.

Oh well, I'm still happy with mine-c'est la vie.

2. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Bummer! :(

Doc45 likes this.

3. A45GUNNER

A45GUNNER Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Wished it would have worked out for ya

Doc45 likes this.
  4. x95mk220

x95mk220 #1. I am powerless against a well built 1911.

Jun 17, 2018
    Total utter pain, I feel ya brother!

Doc45 likes this.
  5. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Well handled, I always tell my kids that not getting what you want builds character, as one day you will get what you want and will appreciate it that much more. You showed class at the transaction as you did in this post.

1L26, x95mk220 and Doc45 like this.
  6. july19

july19 Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled. Supporting Addict

Sep 16, 2013
    Mick Jager: “You can’t always get what you want.” Your story reminds me of the “ ...too little, too lat...” happening to me many times, from cars to houses. I have learned to not let it eat me up...I think.

Doc45 likes this.
  7. Doc45

Doc45 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Thanks, oh yes in my 62 years running around on this third rock from the sun I eventually learned there are things to anguish over and others not to. Perhaps if I didn't have one at all I might've done something to make sure I got it but considering I have a couple Baers already I was only willing if I could've sold the used one.

If I don't jump back on before the holiday I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Scaramouche likes this.
  8. Flight Medic

Flight Medic Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2018
    Similar thing happened to me with a Wilson Combat Protector in stainless steel. It was MINT used...for sale at the gun range I worked at (just for fun...and free lane time). I made the mistake of posting a thread (on another 1911 forum) asking if the asking price was a good deal. Everyone said yes as long as there's nothing wrong with it. Being new to 1911s (and somewhat new to guns in general) at the time I didn't even know what "galling" was. Another local member private messaged me and offered to meet me at the LGS and give me his opinion, but he went the day BEFORE we were supposed to meet and bought it right out from under me...and then bragged about what a smoking deal he got in another thread. I felt really stupid.

Live and learn.

9. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Sucks brother! Believe me we all feel your dilemma and pain.
    I’m in a very similar situation right now, trying to get the funds around before an item I want sells! Trying to sell my stuff to fund it.

Doc45 and x95mk220 like this.
  10. x95mk220

x95mk220 #1. I am powerless against a well built 1911.

Jun 17, 2018
    Ditto Brother!!

Doc45 and Babboonbobo like this.
  11. HOTCHKIS

HOTCHKIS NRA Life Member

Apr 21, 2013
    you can always send your Baer in for a redo!

Doc45 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted