1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the last couple days I figured I'd prime some brass to clean up some bench space as well as just get ahead.

I primed about 900 .38 Super Comp and about 474 .41 mag brass. No issues with the .38 Super Comp brass, but had a mismatch of primers to brass in the .41 mag, hence the 474.

My primers were short. A few months ago I bought 500 Win. large pistol primers. They were all taped together and thought nothing of it.

Well I get to my 3rd box and its 10 primers short. Then on my 5th box its short as well.

That happen to you guys before?

On a positive note, I somehow am +8 on the Starline brass for the .41 mag. I had 2 left over after the first box of primers and thought it was odd. Then it happened 2 more times. Then on the 5th and last bag I counted them before priming and have 2 left over as well.

Just found both things happening during the same session weird.
20200329_151158.jpg
20200329_104132.jpg

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Primer boxes got dropped at the shop and they just taped them together without looking in the boxes "Probably"
Starline always puts a couple of extra in each bag, that way they're never short!

Reactions: gps man

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured something similar with the primers.

Didn't know that about Starline though. Only 4 of the 5 bags had the 2 extra. And the 1000 pieces of .38 Super Comp were spot on. Either way the extra 8 pieces of .41mag we're nice. Ha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts