Mission complete for Sully

Discussion in 'Open Mic' started by 7.62Kolectr, Dec 3, 2018.

1. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    This pic of GHWB's service dog Sully laying next to his master's casket is a tear jerker.

IMG_1940.JPG

2. SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ It is a dry heat, right... Supporting Addict

Sep 11, 2012
    Cannot like this enough... Rest in God's peace 41.

Doc45 likes this.

3. retrieverman

retrieverman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    Great picture even though I’m sure it’s staged.

4. Doc45

Doc45 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    And now Sully will move on to helping patients in need at Walter Reed. A new mission begins as one ends. RIP 41, carry on Sully.

boatdoc and FWoo45 like this.
  5. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    Staged in the sense they had to force the dog to lay there or they took a picture of him as he was laying there? I think the dog is smart enough to know his master is behind him in the box. It is not beyond belief that the dog himself is suffering some grief and laid there on his own is it?

UBOATDOC, FWoo45 and Doc45 like this.
  6. N of 1

N of 1 just one more

Nov 3, 2016
    I've seen this theme several other times, and it always gets me. RIP, hope sully can carry on through another phase, some dogs struggle with this.

FWoo45 likes this.
  7. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    that would be perfect for him. he needs to work and working @walter Reed is a win-win for Sully and our service folk

Fred_G likes this.
  8. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    I guess he's never seen the movie Hachi: A Dog's Tale

Fred_G, FWoo45 and livinthelife like this.
  9. UBOATDOC

UBOATDOC THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER Supporting Addict

Apr 5, 2015
    That this dog's devotion would be in question causes me a little annoyance. My GSD lays at my feet whenever I am sitting, follows me everywhere I go throughout my home and if I am behind a closed door, patiently waits on the other side. About the only time she is not happily in the same room is when she sees me packing my bags to get ready to travel for work. She then lays nearby but with her head down on the floor looking away as she is disappointed that I am not taking her with me. That some nimrod of a no-name "publication" questioned this dog's devotion in the mainstream press is just more sad blighting of written word. The absence of dignity that is being displayed by these morons along with the daily trashing of the POTUS, his wife, his son or other family members to me is an extension of the "Maury Poviching or Jerry Springeresque" denigration of our lives. In a general sense, we have lost our sense of humor and ability to laugh at ourselves, while at the same time have developed a hypercritical sense of what might be offensive, yet continually behave offensively toward others, even in death or in celebration of a person's life. George H.W. Bush was an exemplary American in nearly every facet of his life. If the vacuous idiots that criticize or trivialize his life were 1/1000 th of the human being he was, they and we would be far better off as a country. F#&k them!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted