1911 Firearm Addicts banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Quiet the mind...
31 Posts
Well done!

So, you mentioned which parts you left in, would you share what parts (Brand,etc.) you replaced the others with?

Just picked up a SR1911 and am curious. ;-)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
Well done!

So, you mentioned which parts you left in, would you share what parts (Brand,etc.) you replaced the others with?

Just picked up a SR1911 and am curious. ;-)

Thanks in advance.
It's been a while, so I will try and remember.

EGW Grip Safety .245 radius I believe...
EGW thumb safety
EGW Firing Pin and stop
EGW Extractor
EGW Ejector
Harrison Slide stop
Fusion SK Hammer
Wilson combat Adjustable Flat trigger
EGW barrel bushing and spring plug kit

I forget who I ordered the rest of the small parts from... IE: disconnector, sear etc, but I know they were quality parts at the time.

I have used this pistol for a few years now and haven't had a single failure to fire etc. I absolutely love this 1911.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Crpoc

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,706 Posts
Well, I finally finished my 1911. It's finished in a glossier look than most 1911's as that's what I like. I enjoy the way the Wilson Combat guns come finished and inspired me to choose a finish based off that. I like the Ed Brown style treatment he does so I decided to duplicate that on the front strap to match the mainspring housing that was purchased from him. The stock parts that remained on the gun were the firing pin and spring, the frame, slide and barrel. Everything else was replaced and tuned. I also did a dehorn/carry bevel on much of the gun and did a bunch of blending.

It seems no matter how much you wipe the oil off you can never get it all. I tried my best... There is oil on the trigger and on the back of the slide and a few other parts, its not a finish blemish.

On to the pics!

Very Nice.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I have since replaced the hammer with a stainless one and the trigger with a medium curved stainless one as I got bored of the all black. Gun looks even better now.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I like the Ruger other then the flat trigger. And you chose to blank out all but reciever markings. Why not blank all out? I guess you put some money into this, but why not buy a blank gun to build? I really don't understand this.

·
Banned
2,782 Posts
It is illegal to remove manufacturer markings, place of origin, and serial number.

It takes far more work to do a ground up build than to customize an existing gun to your liking.

Top right grip panel was never polished. That's a manufacturer cut to accommodate an ambi safety.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had nothing nice to say but said it anyway. Lesson is if nothing nice to say probably should'nt. Anyway no idea why I had to pipe up like that. It is a tremendous looking gun and I'm sure it will perform as intended when intended. I do appreciate pics and takes and comments(unless nasty or spiteful) on any and all 1911s and others.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I was just getting ready to post and tell you that I couldn’t see the pics. Glad I came to the last page!!

Boy that is beautiful!! Congrats on finishing up what is no doubt a fantastic pistol.
I’ve harbored thoughts of trying something like this for years. Maybe one day I’ll actually get to DO IT!!

Really great work Sir. Thanks for making sure those of us that are habitually tardy get to see it too.
Larry

61 - 79 of 79 Posts