Mods - Any Chance for Browning Hi Power Subforum?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by NIU2009, Sep 22, 2020.

1. NIU2009

NIU2009 Active Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Dear Mods,

We have a good deal of discussion on here regarding John Browning's other very famous handgun. It would be helpful to have a repository for that information, with its own stuck threads, and it could cut down on congestion and duplicative posts in other forums.

Thank you for your consideration.

Edited to add: Full disclosure, I only visit the other site to check the BHP-specific forum. Otherwise, no need to get 1911 knowledge anywhere else but here!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    tiburonaz, Boostnu and doubledeuce like this.
  2. Lamey

Lamey Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 19, 2019
    I messaged about this a while back. No response.

Boostnu, doubledeuce and NIU2009 like this.

3. doubledeuce

doubledeuce Active Member Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2015
    I agree, love me some Hi Powers and I think it'd fit right in here. But maybe there's a good reason we don't have one, would be interested to know.

Boostnu likes this.
  4. dasroofr

dasroofr Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2019
    I would like to the fourth to ask for this. Thanks for posting

5. mlg

mlg Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2013
    would love a HP forum

6. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    Don't have one so I don't know. Are there any Browning Hi power forums that are any good?
    This forum caught my eye because it googled 1911 & then I was here.

We do talk all kinds of guns, however there is a reason we are 1911 addicts & we are right here.
    So I just don't see adding sub forum or why not add my Favorites like JMBs machineguns
    & some Browning Shotguns.
    He JMB is our Hero, but this is not JMBaddicts.com it's 1911 :usa: addicts.com

7. doubledeuce

Mar 4, 2015
    We do have an AR forum here, though. A Hi Power is more in line with a 1911 than an AR.

NIU2009, simonp and Mike A like this.
  8. Mike A

Mar 19, 2017
    Well then by all means we need a democratic vote!
    Will one of you gentlemen please start a post with voting to ask the question.

Do we want a sub forum for the Browning High power 9mm pistols. YES or NO.

9. doubledeuce

Mar 4, 2015
    Didn't realize this would be controversial. Thought it would be nice to have a place to discuss a similar pistol that many of us own. I can't see a downside to it, but I'll drop it and continue visiting TOOS for Hi Power specific talk. No big deal.

Enjoy your evening, good sir!

NIU2009 likes this.
  10. Mike A

Mar 19, 2017
    You would rather drop it rather than asking in a cordial way like you would with your friends? The 1911Addicts.com is our home we live here. You would not start redecorating a friends house who invited you in for a visit. Would you?

11. doubledeuce

Mar 4, 2015
    I figured this thread would serve as a gauge of support for the idea. So far it hasn't gained much traction. I also felt like you made your case and seemed pretty against the idea. I'm not here to argue with anyone. Just here to relax and learn some things. I'll move on. If it happens, it happens. Thanks, and again, have a nice evening.

NIU2009 and Mike A like this.
  12. Mike A

Mar 19, 2017
    Well it's your call, I said I do not own a BHP however there are a heck of a lot of folks here who do love them. You only posted this today give it time, a whole bunch of old folks out here. :happy:
    Old guy.jpg

13. Jim PHL

Jim PHL Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    I’d like to see a BHP sub forum here. This is my favorite of all the forums I belong to. BHP is one of my other favorite designs.

NIU2009 likes this.
  14. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    I'll vote for one. @Razer

NIU2009 and FWoo45 like this.
  15. Razer

Razer On The Razers Edge Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Jul 1, 2012
    I'm certainly not against adding one, I'm just unsure about how much it would be utilized.

Uncle Bob and FWoo45 like this.
  16. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Sounds like it would end up costing me money. This place is bad enough already for my wallet. I'm down.

NIU2009 likes this.
  17. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Would it get less than revolvers and AR forum traffic? Don't know, just asking.

18. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 22, 2017

I habla JMB's MGs. Worked on a whole lot of them when I was young.

1919A4.JPG

19. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 22, 2017

No forum survives on one topic. I don't know of any that have started out with one specific interest and stayed that way. I can't say I know them all, but it is a lot of them.

EDIT for terminology. This to me is the 1911addicts forum, however if you go up to the menu is says "Forums" which to me is slightly misleading. There really are a lot of HP owners, people that want or just talk about it to merit adding a Browning High Power sub set or "forum" as it is here.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    mlea5150 likes this.
  20. Mike A

Mar 19, 2017
    As I said before @Uncle Bob just put your idea up for a vote by our members. Can you work on that @Uncle Bob ?

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted