Monolith Comanche's First Day at the Range Pictures Included

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by paid4c4, Oct 19, 2011.

1. paid4c4

paid4c4 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 26, 2011
    As promised I've attached photos of my new to me Les Baer Monolith Comanche Heavy. I've also attached a photo of my first target. I shot about 100 rounds of mixed ammo including Wolf, Critical, Aquila and Winchester white box. The Baer ate everything put into it without a hiccup. It shoots similar to my Kimber CDP but better. There is practically zero muzzle bounce and very little recoil making target acquisition very easy without much in the way of recovery time. It feels good in the hand and comes up onto to target very nicely. It's easy to reload and to handle. The trigger is right on for me and both safeties function with no noticeable effort. The only thing which will need some attention are the sights. It is equipped wit night sights but in my opinion they're weak. I need a more noticeable front sight as I found it difficult to see the front sight. I haven't decided what corrective measure to take and am looking for suggestions. I shoot at three different distances 7, 20 and 25 yards. I was pleasantly surprised at the results especially at my results at the 25 yard line. Please keep in mind I'm not an expert shooter, I'm just a 62 year old who shakes a little and mainly shoot M1 Garand rifles. I was happy enough with the results that next trip to the range I plan to shoot at the 50 yard line, I probably won't be posting those results! Any way here are the photos, comments and suggestions please.
    Bill
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  2. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Looks awesome!!!

3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Nice pistol.. and targets.. I like the mono's.. Cheers.. Ron

PS: How do you get that round into the pistol.. LOL

4. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    Awesome pistol and target. :thumb:

5. paid4c4

paid4c4 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 26, 2011
    A lot of grease and pushing!

6. Olympus

Olympus Grip Maker and FFL Dealer

Oct 7, 2011
    Great looking gun. I love those Monoliths!

7. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    hahahahha.. tight fit I'm sure.. Cheers.. Ron

8. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Great looking Baer. Nice shooting too :thumb:

9. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    very good to see. Beautiful gun!

10. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Looks great! I like the arched mainspring housing. The shooting's really not bad at all! I think you'll enjoy the challenge of the 50 yard shooting. :smilie:

Looking forward to hearing how it continues to break in.

Andy

11. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    My MONO Commanche has become my favorite 4.25 gun.It has something about it that my Ed Brown KC just doesn't seem to possess.

The holster issue is another matter all together.If I hadn't bought C.HELM'S Sherrick holster(AS RUSTY DOESN'T SEEM TO LIKE MY MONEY :mad2:)I would be up the river without a scabbard,so to speak.

Fine shooting by the way. :thumb:

DAT85

12. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Hey Great Shooting and Congrats on a fine new Baer.
    I waited 7 months for my Mono Commanche HW and in the end It was well worth the wait.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted