In the news More Gun Laws Don't Prevent Mass Shootings: CA Fails

Discussion in 'Political Outhouse' started by GeorgeandSugar, Nov 9, 2018.

1. GeorgeandSugar

GeorgeandSugar Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Did this former Marine fall through the cracks? Obviously, the facts and history are lacking on him. Another Parkland? VA access problem? Predictable response from Senator Murphy of CT.

"A mental health crisis team was called at that time and concluded that Long did not need to be taken into custody.” The mental health team had the option to issue an order to have Long “held for up to 72 hours” if they recognized him as a threat to himself or others."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...daily&utm_content=links&utm_campaign=20181108

"The state of California has universal background checks, gun registration requirements, gun confiscation laws, a 10-day waiting period on gun purchases, an “assault weapons” ban, a one gun-per-month limit on handgun purchases, a minimum firearm purchase age of 21, a ban on campus carry, a “good cause” restriction for concealed carry, and controls on the purchase of ammunition, among other things."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...daily&utm_content=links&utm_campaign=20181108

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  2. BillKilgore

BillKilgore Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Good post, George.

Clearly they have not yet found the critical “common sense” gun law. They need to keep enacting more gun restrictions until they find the magic bullet (pun intended).

3. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    This guy would have gone on his rampage with a butter knife of that was all that was available to him, as has been said forever, bad guns don't shoot people bad people do

4. Digelectric

Digelectric New Member

Nov 9, 2018
    They should start banning procreation if they want to completely eliminate gun crime. That’s literally the only thing that will stop it. Even then, if aliens visit, they could find our guns and start it back up.

I live in CA and the excessive gun laws do nothing whatsoever if someone snaps and wants to kill people. A gun isn’t remotely necessary to carry a the violent act.

In Aus and Jpn and the UK, the amount of violence has remained unchanged with gun bans. They just use other tools, but there is just as much violence.

xerts1191 and GeorgeandSugar like this.