1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick story about the tremendous customer service I received last week from Jon @Highfiguregrips. I had purchased a couple of pairs of LB size grips from Jon in the past. I've since sold most of my full size Baer's. I asked Jon if he could rework a couple of pairs to fit a Commander I recently built for my daughter. I think Jon might have been a little reluctant but told me to ship them off and he would see what he could do.

Jon texted me that one of the pair lost a lot of color when he reworked them. He said he might be able to get some color back but they would be thinner. Since they were for my daughter I thought that might work out OK. I received the grips and she liked the thinner pair so I proceeded to put them on and it cracked at the top screw hole.

I messaged Jon and told him good new bad news and he immediately said he would refund the purchase price. I told him I take full responsibility and that I OK'd the work knowing that they would be thinner and he didn't need to do that. He insisted and said it was already done.

Below is a pick of the Commander I put together with some help from @Metal Smith, he did the checkering, MSH, Grip Safety, and some incredible advice on barrel fitting, for my daughter. I also picked up a set of standard thickness Maple Burl for the Springer below which takes some of the teeth out of the 20LPI checkering.

I know everybody says there are some amazing people in this group but it's really true. Thank You @Highfiguregrips and @Metal Smith

P.S. Sorry for the lousy pics...

·
Premium Member
5,709 Posts
Some fine looking builds there Bill!

Waaay Mobeta than your lousy pics. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts