1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Stunning! wonder if those "lightening cuts" in the slide helps with the heat issues. Whatever deal you made on that, I think you certainly came out on the better end. I want one now, JUST LIKE THAT! LOL

Is that a tan/fde on the lower half, hard to tell on my end? First pic looks titanium-ish

·
Premium Member
27,625 Posts
Will have little to ne effect on the heat build up. The heat is fron the gas port
located just above the trigger opening. I guess it MAY help it cool a bit faster.

·
#15 to Register!
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stunning! wonder if those "lightening cuts" in the slide helps with the heat issues. Whatever deal you made on that, I think you certainly came out on the better end. I want one now, JUST LIKE THAT! LOL

Is that a tan/fde on the lower half, hard to tell on my end? First pic looks titanium-ish
Will have little to ne effect on the heat build up. The heat is fron the gas port
located just above the trigger opening. I guess it MAY help it cool a bit faster.
Very smart question. As it turns out, the guy I got this from said that it does dissipate the heat faster than when it was stock. Said that it took about 40% more rounds through it to make it too hot to shoot.

It needed a lighter recoil spring, too, since it had metal taken off of the sides of the slide where the old proof marks were and the lightning cuts.

·
#15 to Register!
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The first pic does look a little different than the rest. I think the custom shop that did the work took that one. It looks grey-ish to me.

·
Sharpening Ockham's Razor
1,990 Posts
That looks quite nice. Very clean for what was done to it. Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

Andy

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Seriously, Deadite, if you ever decide to sell this, please give me a stab at it! Also, any idea what they charged for that work?

·
#15 to Register!
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That looks quite nice. Very clean for what was done to it. Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

Andy
Looks awesome, I really like the cuts in the barrel. Congrats
Holy schnikes... that's nice.
Thanks, guys!

Seriously, Deadite, if you ever decide to sell this, please give me a stab at it! Also, any idea what they charged for that work?
I believe it was in the $400-$500 range for the work.

deadite

1 - 10 of 10 Posts