More pictures of my TRP

Discussion in '1911 Photo Gallery' started by CanIhaveGasCash, Dec 30, 2011.

1. CanIhaveGasCash

CanIhaveGasCash Member

Sep 11, 2011
    I thought I would try to show what Ion Bond looks like. The first few pictures are straight out of the holster after a few weeks on duty. The last few are after a quick wipe down with a silicone cloth. It has around 1500 rounds through it with very few signs of wear, and absolutely no holster wear despite hundreds of draws.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  2. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    wow. That looks great!

3. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    VERY nice! :thumb:

4. Pangari1

Pangari1 -this space for rent- Supporting Addict

Dec 1, 2011
    That looks awesome!! I like the coating on my TRP but that ion bond is sweet. Who did the work on your gun? Especially like the work done on the top if slide.

5. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2011
    Did you do the internals?

6. GM*

GM* ~

Oct 15, 2011
    I like it :thumb:

7. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog Smiffin' ain't easy Sponsor

Aug 21, 2011
    Looks great. I just hate seeing those MIM hammers on those guns.

8. CanIhaveGasCash

CanIhaveGasCash Member

Sep 11, 2011
    The work was done by nighthawk. But now they have nearly doubled what they charge for Ion Bond.

Yes, everything was coated.

I have a railed TRP that is my primary duty gun that is having all of the MIM replaced.

So far I have been very impressed by Ion Bond. It really seems to hold up to the abuse of being drawn and holstered several times a day. The only areas where it is showing wear is the hammer, around the firing pin, a little on the grip safety, and a little on the trigger. It's not invincible, but I think it is worth the money for a hard use gun. We will see how it holds up around the magwell as that seems to take he most beating from office chairs, car seats, doors, etc

9. brisk21

brisk21 Member

Aug 20, 2011
  10. t0kie

t0kie Lock 'n Load

Nov 12, 2011
  11. TexShooter

TexShooter Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I love the look and durability of ion bond. After the bluing on my Baer starts fading, I plan to send it in for some custom touches and Ion Bonding.

12. Hurricanes

Hurricanes Member

Aug 21, 2011
    No matter how many other 1911's I fall in love with, the TRP has to be my next one. And it looks great with the IonBond. I may just have to send my RIA to get it done.
    -Joel

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted