Mossberg 930

Discussion in 'Rifles & Shotguns' started by buyobuyo, Mar 4, 2012.

1. buyobuyo

buyobuyo Member

Aug 25, 2011
    I have a Browning BPS that a buddy of mine is in love with, so I'm thinking of selling it to him and picking up a Mossberg 930 to replace it. I was just curious if anyone here has any experience with the 930, and what your opinion of it is. So far I haven't really came across any negative reviews.

2. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I bought one awhile back (the SPX model, used at a great price), and it has been a very good gun for me.

No cycling issues, and comes to my shoulder with sights aligned. Decent trigger pull too.

[​IMG]

3. buyobuyo

buyobuyo Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Thanks for the comment CMG. The one I'm looking at getting is one of the combo sets. 18.5" barrel for HD and a 28" ported barrel for sporting.

4. grainfed

grainfed Active Member

Aug 22, 2011
    buyo.....

I picked one up yesterday. First things first, it will get a good cleaning from all the Mossberg soot and grime that's in and on the receiver and bolt. I ordered, this morning, several goodies from Mark at Elite Tactical Advantage, their Bobcat Gen II bottom and Rhino 12" top, Delrin follower, and their tactical aluminum safety. Also ordered the Nordic Component barrel clamp. If you want to read a good review of the
    930 SPX, go to www.weaponevolution.com, find the weapons tested area, and go back to Nov. 2007 and find the lengthy article on the SPX. Great photos and goodies added to the shotgun by the writer. I came upon the SPX yesterday and could not turn it down although I have enough shotguns. Much has been written to shoot extra powerful (turkey loads) shells through it in the beginning, then tone it down afterwards by choice. Seems to like the heavy loads to break it in. This along with cleaning the 930 completely before shooting and lubing it up good with your favorite slick stuff. Once mine is all put together and broken in, I'll have a range report of some length with pics. :thumb:

tw

5. buyobuyo

buyobuyo Member

Aug 25, 2011
    I'll keep an eye open for your review. I've actually read the weaponevolution review before.

6. buyobuyo

buyobuyo Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Ordered the 930 Field/Security Combo a few hour ago from Buds. Hopefully, it will be here around the middle of next week, so I can get it cleaned up and shoot it that weekend.

7. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Nice!

I looked at several 930 SPX models when I was hunting for a HD shotgun, I do not think you can beat them for the money. I would have been smarter had I gone that route over my M4.. the thing is a money pit... though I guess they all can be. Though you will not have to deal with 922r crap for a full mag tube, always a plus!

At some point I am going to pick my wife up one... so she stays away from my Benelli!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted