1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/845618856

I ran across this gun being sold on GB the other day. The number of "additions" and doctoring is mind numbing. Grease pencil numbering on the back of the grips, additional etchings on the slide and frame, sharpie serial number on the box, all trying to make a standard Ballester Molina appear to be some rare prototype from Colt.

Shameful deception. All it's missing is the zip ties . . . . .

Many more photos on the actual listing. The description is decidedly avoiding the truth about this gun.

Text White Line Technology Font

Gun Firearm Photograph Trigger White

Gun Green Firearm Photograph Trigger

·
Enabler
3,544 Posts

·
14,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ufff that’s rough... What is going on with what appears to be a full back strap? Never seen that before

That is a standard Ballester Molina frame. No grip safety. These are NOT 1911 clones, but a variation of the design to resemble a 1911.

The slide and its internals are fairly compatible. The frame is a whole different animal. Pinned trigger, integral mainspring housing, no grip safety, etc.

Reactions: JM44

·
14,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WTF is that plunger tube? Is that a copper pipe? Hopefully no one is stupid enough to buy this thing. Those are some mighty fancy grips though, maybe Cabot should start putting those on their guns...:D

I saw that also. Too many issues to mention.

How do you like those fake inspection initials near the magazine release?

Reactions: UBOATDOC

·
14,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So is the seller passing on someone else’s deception or is it his work?
Not known. He states it's from the estate of a long time "collector."

·
14,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For those looking for more info

Awesome video. A must watch for those just learning about the Spanish and South American firearms industries.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.