1911 Firearm Addicts banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
WC sentinel, NH Thunder ranch, DW Valor , EB KC9,NH Counselor
3,672 Posts
Wilson combats - never a stoppage in any of them but highest round count being 6600 rounds to date on my ULC 5” 9 the rest are sub 2k rounds

Ed Brown KC9
33k rounds down range but needed a barrel replaced at 29k and one extractor failed around 27k or so
Been humming along since barrel was replaced without a hiccup by far the highest round count on any pistol I have ever owned and I am impressed with the accuracy, reliability and warranty from the manufacturer .

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have a LOT of trigger time on 1911's over many years with most every configuration ever dreamed up starting in the late 70's through today.

For "smaller bore" calibers... 9mm, .38 super, .357 Sig, 9x25, .40 and 10mm everything I've owned with a ramped barrel have been stellar performers. Early on, before ramped barrels became common from OEM's, my most difficult Supers, 10's and 9's were Colts (many models / configurations) which did / do not have ramped barrels.

So, for no reason other than I still like them, I still have Colts but never did trust them as much as others I have and have had with ramped barrels. As a matter of fact, not having a ramped barrel is one of the three deal breakers I have in passing up a 1911 (in smaller bore models) also barrels shorter than 4.25" the other is a rail.

So take your pick... (4.25", 5" and 6") Springfield, RIA, Dan Wesson, Bul, Kimber and Fusion (early N.Y model with ramped barrel) they are all equally reliable. Feed em good ammo, keep em lubed, use good mags and they're all GTG.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts