1911 Firearm Addicts banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
This just cannot feasibly be real. Something fishy is going on with GB. Lots of inflated prices that just don't make sense. A honey badger pistol supposedly sold for like 7k a couple weeks ago. MSRP on it should've been around 3k with everything it included. Even with the ATF's infatuation over 2x is nonsensical.

·
Vendor
2,871 Posts
You folks that say no way it could happen. . . let me assure you it does, often, more often when the market is like it is right now. There are plenty of buyers in the market with the means to pay 3-4-5x what something is 'worth' simply because they want it, and want it now. To a small niche of gun buyers the idea of 'losing their shirts' on a purchase that is 'only' 4 or 5 figures never occurs to them, to a small sect of clients that extra 10k over 'fair market value' is one afternoon of fun in Vegas, or one month's supply of cigars or scotch. The magic happens, like it did here, when 2 such buyers both vie for the same item in a real, no reserve, no BIN auction like that one.

·
Idaho 1911er
902 Posts
Why would bidders bid themselves up repeatedly? they both did it this is just part of the history.

·
Vendor
2,871 Posts
Why would bidders bid themselves up repeatedly? they both did it this is just part of the history.

They aren't, look at the time stamps, dhrodadka was 'nickle - dime' bidding up escottcheyenne, whenever he got outbid, he would toss another thousand or 2 at it

Reactions: Stentor

·
Idaho 1911er
902 Posts
There were times were dh was nickle and diming even though escott had already bumped it up. It's like dh couldn't see the current bid. Neither could see the current bid apparently.

Edit to add the last 20 bids in timestamp order.

·
Vendor
2,871 Posts
Thats how the proxy bidding works, you can bid $450 on something currently at $250, but the system will only increase the bid by the min amt to beat the existing high bid. And will continue to automatically maintain 'high bidder' status until your max # is topped.

·
Enabler
3,409 Posts
Alright mine starts tonight at only $9999. A bargain, get bidding.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Alright mine starts tonight at only $9999. A bargain, get bidding.

10% "auction idea fee" for bringing it to your attention

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Enabler
3,409 Posts
10% "auction idea fee" for bringing it to your attention

Thanks ebay

894 Posts
He also paid $10.5 for a Nighthawk Agent 1... wonder if I should post my VIP Hi Power lol

Reactions: John Butler

·
shooter of guns, petter of dogs
253 Posts
I bid on a p320 and checked bid history. The name d***4 AND D***4 were pushing the price up. Coincidence that the only difference was the capital vs non capital d? Maybe. But it’s been like that lately. Outrageous prices.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I think this guy is legit. But I also think he either inherited a lot of money or won the lottery. Cuz he's been bidding like "new money".

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Dam, just dam. We've all payed to learn what we know, whether ww2 1911=A1s, or Colt 1873 SAAs. But this is some goofy stuff, shakes head again

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Let's keep an eye open for that gun to reappear.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts