1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met Mike Padgett at Limbkiller’s shoot last June and got to shoot a few of his builds and talk with him about guns and his build philosophy.

@MDP

Mike is a great guy and I really liked his stuff.

Fast forward to November and I got in touch with him about building me a .38 Super Commander.

We got it all worked out and he ordered the frame from JEM and the barrel from Kart.

After lots of back and forth and mind changing on my part, all the parts came in and it got built.

For photos of the build check out the MP Custom thread. Mike shared a bunch of them there.

Throughout the process Mike stayed in touch with me communicating about the process and progress and answering my questions and laughing at me when I needed that.

Stan Chen Gen2 magwell. EGW and Harrison parts. SDM gold bead front sight.

I received the gun in mid March right before we went crazy with the pandemic so I haven’t shot it near as much as I want to, but I’ve probably got 700 rounds through it with zero issues.

It shoots my reloads, Underwood XTP and Exteme Defender and Corbon hollow points like a champ.

The fit is a perfect lend of tightness and smoothness.

It’s way more accurate than I am.

Mike builds a fantastic pistol.

I suppose the highest praise for a gunsmith is repeat business,and I have a second build commissioned with Mike.

I couldn’t be happier.

@chriso posted a pair of desert ironwood Cherokee Hills grips cut for a Stan Chen Gen2 magwell so they are to St. Louis and installed them yesterday.

Thanks for reading and looking.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Love that build! It looks great!

Reactions: MDP and gps man

·
MP Custom
379 Posts
Thank you for the kind words Tom, it was a pleasure working with you on that build. Nothing pleases me more than knowing you are enjoying the gun. Those grips are beautiful!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts