1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As being new to 1911's compared to most here, I wondered how many post on this site and the other 1911 site ? Do most of you frequent both sites, or just stay with this one ? I prefer this site and feel you guys are great. I am only asking the question here. I have not had any problems on the other site, just curious. I'm sure you know which one I am referring to.

·
Premium Member
26,719 Posts
Quite a few of us seem to bounce back and forth. Many read quite a bit more than post. The TOOS can be a bit of a dictatorship. TOS isn't bad but it's a much smaller page.

·
Make it a double
16,788 Posts
I have roamed around a bit. When the world gets too scary, I come back here to find my bearings. There is no better group to call home base.
The knowledge base and commaraderie is unmatched here. I have actually made real friends here unlike most faceless and cold forums. Even my occasional antics have not swayed most members. This is a solid group.
You are a great addition, Sneaky.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
One of the others is too...ah....stuffy. One is too..ah....arbitrary and capricious in the control of its content. There is politically motivated censorship.

Here you will find a multi-faceted, talented group with high round count realistic world experience. We sound like the British Parliment with a sense of humor if any debate is needed.

Now, I have to ask: which one sounds like the best bang for your time?

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
Before the time I joined this sight I was mostly into researching the build process of custom 1911s. I spent most my time at 1911forums and 1911pro only in the gunsmithing sub forums . Now I'm here all day every day and only check those sights gunsmithing sections occasionally to see what's being built. I've never been into the fan boy sub forums or general discussions.

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
Good knowledge base here, and the people are just basically nicer. Don't hardly visit the other 1911 site anymore. I just wish I could bring the Akfiles up to the Addicts standards. Great info, but some seriously unpleasant people (and quite proud of the fact as far as I can tell)

·
Student of the Columbian Exchange
7,876 Posts
This is the first internet site I've joined and participated in. I have made all the mis-steps & mis-posts that one can do on one of these things and the members have been accommodating to a rookie such as myself. It's been diverting, educational and fun. I don't feel I have much to contribute compared to what the more knowledgeable members offer up. Looking at the other sites I don't feel I would have been given the latitude I have found here. Great site with a real brain trust when it comes to the subject at hand, the 1911 platform. Some really funny folks as well.

·
John 14:6
1,462 Posts
First and only site that I follow and have joined. Was following a Glock for sale, joined so I could message him, stuck around and now I own 2 1911's!

Hard on the finances, but more importantly, how much I have gained through the members here! There knowledge and willingness to help is greatly appreciated and above all others.

Hence, why I am a supporting addict!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts