MUSIC???? What are you listening to ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DAT85, Dec 23, 2011.

1. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    To follow up my thread on ADULT BEVERAGES,I'd thought we talk music.......

I grew up in the '70's listening to a lot of "progressive"rock (aka: prog rock,wuss rock, etc)mainly because most of my friends were music nerds,music students planning careers as professionals playing in orchestras and symphonies.

Me?
    I play stereo,that's the only instrument that I can handle! :lol:

But,over the years,starting when I went on active duty back in '82,my taste in music began to vary.I began to get a taste for METAL.
    Iron Maiden,Black Sabbath,AC/DC and lastly,MOTORHEAD were solidly on my play list.

These days,the variety of music I listen to is strange.
    My iPOD has,Tom Waits,Les Claypool/Primus,King Crimson, Hank III,Johnny Cash,Rammstein,and of course,MOTORHEAD on it.
    I change the line up weekly.

So what type of music are my fellow Addicts listening to these days?

DAT85

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  2. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Lately, Kid Rock...I do love Iron Maiden!!

Mike

3. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    I have gone through many phases of music in my short life. Grew up with an audiophile dad, so I guess I'm kind of a music nerd. Right now I've really been listening to a lot of Drive By Truckers, Fink, Ryan Bingham, Sabbath, The Grouch etc....

4. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    I don't know where to begin... I listen to all things rock/metal/progressive, old and new, I suppose. A few I like the most, Clutch, Primus, Machine Head, Lamb of God, and Megadeth. As for older stuff, I still love some Zeppelin, Kansas, BOC, sooooo many more to name.

5. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    I listen to pretty much everything except Country.

6. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Push to test, release to detonate

Aug 17, 2011
    Lately it has been Motorhead, some Clash, a little L7. When school starts a whole lot more Pink Floyd.. nothing is better for higher math than some old Floyd..

7. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Old school mode for me right now. 80's hairbands: Crue, Poison, Jovi, Cinderella, Metallica, GNR. Old school rap, too. NWZ, Digital Underground. OLD Hammer, Biz Markee, Run DMC, even some Eminem and Tupac

Other than that my normal load consists of headbanger heaven.

8. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer New Member

Nov 27, 2011
    ryan adams, wilco, james mcmurtry, neil young, jay farrar, bottlerockets, slobberbone, joe walsh, rage against the machine, basically ANYBODY with something to say. :) pluss all the old standard "real" country stuff. nelson, cash, gram parsons....

9. AlchemyCustomWeaponry

AlchemyCustomWeaponry Crabby Old Gunsmith

Nov 4, 2011
    Iron Maiden an all time favorite. Also, many people forget how awesome Judas Priest was. I was just saying to the wife last night that the early 80's was an incredible time in music. Very underrated.

As far as newer stuff goes. Dream Theater, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Black Veil Brides etc.

10. nolt

nolt Member

Aug 24, 2011
    i love me some primus. one of the best live shows ever...

like Quack im into just about anything except country.

whats on my ipod rite now:
    alex clare
    amon amarth
    ayreon
    beastie boys
    black keys
    black label society
    black sun empire
    chicane
    cypress hill
    dream theater
    excision
    faith no more
    feed me
    city of darkness
    kissed her little sister
    lost boyz
    mastodon
    morcheeba
    nas
    opeth
    pandora's black book
    pretty lights
    primus
    rage against the machine
    savant
    triage
    thievery corporation
    tool
    a tribe called quest
    warrior soul*
    washed out

*=most under-appreciated and overlooked band ever. (90s doom-punk-etc) holy crap after 10+ years of heavy rotation i cant get tired of warrior soul.

11. Samcro

Samcro US Army Retired 1911 Supporting Addict

Nov 19, 2011
  12. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    Short list.......Pink Floyd, Joe Satriani, Al Dimeola, ZZ Top, Respighi, Strauss, John Williams, REO Speedwagon, and for pure comedy Red Sovine.

13. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Nothin' but the blues, baby.

[video=youtube;WxTWQD91b5c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxTWQD91b5c[/video]

14. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    And then he picks up the Gibson:

[video=youtube;Q3wX1wn-0go]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3wX1wn-0go&feature=related[/video]

15. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    'then maybe a little reggae to pick me up (one of the best solos ever starts @ 4:50):

[video=youtube;10qLYy6hiFQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10qLYy6hiFQ[/video]

16. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Blues, some old rock, some new rock, a little lite jazz, old country, new country, blue grass and others. I love music and listen everyday to something. Rap of any kind is not music. Joe Bonamassa, Eric Clapton, Joe Cocker, John Mayall, Jimmi, Journey, Govt Mule, Dire straits, james Taylor, Little Feat, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Muddy Waters, North Mississippi Allstars, Old Crow Medicine Show,Queen, Ray Charles, Robin Trower, stevie Ray, The Temptations, Nichal Back, Moody Blues, and many, many more. Oh can't forget REO And Cream. Country artists to many to name.

17. AlchemyCustomWeaponry

AlchemyCustomWeaponry Crabby Old Gunsmith

Nov 4, 2011
    How come there ain't no Black Oak Arkansas on that there list?

18. nolt

nolt Member

Aug 24, 2011
    jim dandy to the rescuuuuueee!

19. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted