1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
In Kentucky
9,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 12 year old grandson shot a bee at 120 yards with his .22 I gave him. A Winchester tactical made in Turkey. I bbn put a 3 by 9 redfield scope my Dad brought back from Vietnam. I bought the rifle after my heart attack before Wyatt was born. Cardiologist told me I couldn't shoot my 308 until the stint healed over. Most accurate 22 I ever shot. Wyatt is the one I gave my Hoag pistol to.
imagejpeg_0.jpg
imagejpeg_0.jpg

·
In Kentucky
9,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My grandson. No he called the bee it's self. Still a outstanding shot for a 12 year old. His Dad my son in law is a excellent long range shooter.

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
I'd have to glue the bee to the bullet to hit him any further than 10 yards away.....

Fine shooting, I'd say..... Congrats to the youngen!

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Good for you, Grandpa! My son will be 18 in September and entering his Senior year of HS. He will do his Senior project on his 6.5x55 Swede and we are thankful to live in a place where many kids do their projects on guns, hunts, horses and prize cattle.

I started my boy slow and proper, as it appears the route Wyatt is being led down. I never played games and never did anything to create bad habits. He shot a .22 and nothing more for quite some time, beginning with a T/C Hotshot .22lr single shot. Then he moved slowly into centerfire rounds and now he carries cocked and locked and it's all just a matter of course, because it is.

That fire has to keep burning and there are plenty of people buying guns they don't know how to use and storing them away, only to show off to other people that buy their cool. My son can shoot jackrabbits on a dead run and boy am I proud when I look back at what we put into it. Every inch of ground was earned and I hope Wyatt someday boasts the same.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
@Jimhoag, I have a Day Arms 30X .22lr conversion unit that gathers dust. It has three magazines with inserts and functions wonderfully. I tried to sell it here recently and it appears to most to be a novelty these days and that's fine. I don't see why it wouldn't slap right on the frame of your(his) Hoag gun. I haven't found a Government Model it doesn't fit.

If your grandson would honestly put it to use, I'd send it to him and pay the postage. I want it to go to someone that will use it much more than I want the few hundred dollars it's worth. Let me know if he will use it and if not, I'll probably just do a giveaway with it in the classifieds.

·
In Kentucky
9,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Jimhoag, I have a Day Arms 30X .22lr conversion unit that gathers dust. It has three magazines with inserts and functions wonderfully. I tried to sell it here recently and it appears to most to be a novelty these days and that's fine. I don't see why it wouldn't slap right on the frame of your(his) Hoag gun. I haven't found a Government Model it doesn't fit.

If your grandson would honestly put it to use, I'd send it to him and pay the postage. I want it to go to someone that will use it much more than I want the few hundred dollars it's worth. Let me know if he will use it and if not, I'll probably just do a giveaway with it in the classifieds.
Thank You I sent a pm.
John Nicholson

1 - 15 of 15 Posts