My 1911 is Off to See Mr Chambers ...............

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by joerockhead, Jan 30, 2012.

1. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    :tongueout:

Okay .... Well I won this contest earlier( guess that number contest) and now I'm fortunate enough to be able to
    send one of my 1911's off to Mr Chambers for a little " magic touch". Now it's not a high-end zillion dollar gun...(yet) ,,, but it's mine...
    ur ..er ...my kids ...kinda...Well here's the story... so my youngest is 13, and he's a ADDICT in his own right... Airsoft addict
    at present... but he's quite mechanically inclined and loves shooting sports... He's on a local trap-skeet -sporting clays league,
    he's shot most all of my hand guns from .22's on up to my .45 's ... ( next step is the 44 mag but he's still a bit nervous..lol).
    and he has a impressive collection of 1911 airsoft guns....( kids these days)
    ANYHOW...
    My kids kinda got all my " stuff" earmarked for when I croak LOL.... so the the Dan Wesson PM 7 , is the 1911 my little guy wants...
    When I entered the contest ... I asked him what number he wanted to submit... He choose the winning number 711...
    Since he choose the winning number for me... I asked him which 1911 we should send .... Of course he picked ... the PM 7
    since it was going to be his anyhow....(smart kid) ...he shoots it now and loves it....(duh)
    So while Mr Chambers has the PM 7 .. I'm going to have him do a couple of " mods" to it also...
    I can't wait to see how it turns out.....

So I figured I would send some BEFORE pictures ......
    I would also like to thank all the people who are making 1911ADDICTS possible, and a very special thanks to Mr. Joe Chambers... ( sorry for the long rant but .... well....... whatever....

Joe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  2. RaginCajun

RaginCajun Got Guns, Got Freedom Supporting Addict

Oct 20, 2011
    I 'm sure Joe will do an awesome job, and your son is a lucky one indeed.

3. Drgracin72

Drgracin72 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    congrats... what other touches are you going to have him do?

4. Gress

Gress Don't need no education Supporting Addict

Nov 21, 2011
    Congrats and thank you for the story. Nice!

5. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    That pistol is a good choice. Sure hope your son let's you shoot it when it returns....:thumb:

6. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    It is my pleasure to get to help out others, especially those on the forum here! Looking forward to getting that pistol in the shop. Should make for a cool project and something you and your son will enjoy for years to come I hope!

7. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Im thinking a magwell....upgrade sights... front strap checkering ???
    plus whatever Joe has in store for me.....LOL
    I'm going to talk with Joe after he gets it in his hands....

Thanks...
    JT

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  8. deadite

deadite #15 to Register! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Sounds like a cool project! My PM7-45 is my favorite 1911. :)

deadite

9. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Looking forward to hearing more and seeing how it eventually turns out. :smilie:

Andy

10. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    i'm sure that it'll come back exceeding your expectations. :thumb:

11. Coinroller

Coinroller New Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Thoughts on Chamber's Pistol work

Congratulations on the contest win! I know you will enjoy working with Joe like I have.
    I recommend you consider the stippling with scallops that Joe does on front/blackstraps over checkering. It is unique, and it does provide very good purchase without skinning your hand. I'd also discuss Joe's front sight treatment, carry beveling, and the ramped hammer rail he can cut. Joe's well known for accurizing, so discuss that as well (maybe a bushing?)

Have fun,
    Ft. Worth Steve

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted