1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
The Tinker
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally quit dinking around with the comp, raised the grip area a bit, and threw some color on the lower. Running low on Oxpho-Blue, so didn't re-do the slide (the lower will eventually look like the slide).

So here's my 'working' pistol. 15+1 of 10mm auto, more accurate than I am, flat shooting, and very reliable. It's a bit much to carry concealed at 5.75" long except under a jacket or flannel shirt, but I have other pistols for those conditions.

It's so ugly only the builder could love it. ;)

·
The Tinker
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will have to save up my nickels and inquire about a simple bead-blast hot blue one of these days. That would help the looks IMO, but I can live with it as-is for now. :)

@Troll68: Don't know if you're kidding or not, but you're the third person to say that. One of them now wants me to make him a comp for his 9x23 2011. I'm thinking that could be a hoot to shoot!

Reactions: pm07 and FWoo45

·
The Tinker
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ll take it!
The comp looks great.
I put that little 45 degree bevel on the lower line to just break up that continuous line from the unique slide and frame. I hadn't taken any measurements so I kept it pretty shallow as I didn't want to break through into the comp's chambers and ruin it. I probably could have run the cutter 'just a bit' deeper though. ;)

Reactions: 1911 crazed

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
A few more years of practice and you might get this pistol smithing thing figured out. 😉😁😉😁

Nice work bud. I love the look of a working gun. No need for pretty.

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, SS Heinie and T4 all 45 acp Wilson EDC-X9
5,472 Posts
Looks pretty awesome if I had to say so myself!

Reactions: wrmiller

·
The Tinker
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A few more years of practice and you might get this pistol smithing thing figured out. 😉😁😉😁

Nice work bud. I love the look of a working gun. No need for pretty.
Ha! In a few more years I may have forgotten what little I know. ;)

Reactions: azpoolguy

·
Registered
264 Posts
This is so inspirational. I need to learn how to work on my firearms. Looks like so much fun and the 2011 looks awesome.

·
The Tinker
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good to me.......wouldn’t change a thing. Nighthawk fans are paying good money for the look your pistol has. ;)
It will look a bit better as the frame and comp 'wash out' a bit and look more like the slide. The finish on the slide other than weathering a bit, has been surprisingly durable to this point.

·
The Tinker
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is so inspirational. I need to learn how to work on my firearms. Looks like so much fun and the 2011 looks awesome.
Be careful what you wish for. I've accumulated probably close to $20k worth of machines and tools so I can tinker at this stuff. This can be a very deep rabbit hole... ;) :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
^good gracious. I love having quality tools, my limits should be talent and not tools is how I look at it. Well done.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hi,
I like it!

10MM...Hmmm......Looks like something Ar-nold (Austrian accent)...Terminator might have!:cool:

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,939 Posts
15+1 of 10mm should get 'er done!! Dang nice I say.

Reactions: wrmiller

·
The Tinker
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi,
I like it!

10MM...Hmmm......Looks like something Ar-nold (Austrian accent)...Terminator might have!:cool:
I met him at the Rock Store (LA area motorcyclist hangout) many years ago. I was in pretty good shape at 6'3" tall, ~250 lbs., and a 35" waist. And he made me look like a scrawny kid. Really nice guy though!

Reactions: seagiant

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally quit dinking around with the comp, raised the grip area a bit, and threw some color on the lower. Running low on Oxpho-Blue, so didn't re-do the slide (the lower will eventually look like the slide).

So here's my 'working' pistol. 15+1 of 10mm auto, more accurate than I am, flat shooting, and very reliable. It's a bit much to carry concealed at 5.75" long except under a jacket or flannel shirt, but I have other pistols for those conditions.

It's so ugly only the builder could love it. ;)

View attachment 696181
Love the Holosun on 2011’s

1 - 20 of 28 Posts