1911 Firearm Addicts banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Looks good, all business, no fuss. It would be an interesting night shoot with that beast. I love 10mm. Come to think of it, I need some night time range time with my 10mm. Oh fireball time!!!

Reactions: wrmiller

·
The Tinker
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Looks good, all business, no fuss. It would be an interesting night shoot with that beast. I love 10mm. Come to think of it, I need some night time range time with my 10mm. Oh fireball time!!!
I learned to blink as I was pulling the trigger the one time I shot a comp'd pistol at night.

Not sure it helped. ;)

Reactions: Samurai Jack

·
The Tinker
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I finished putting a bit more of a high-hand cut on the GS and a bit of blending on the TS to smooth things out, and threw some color on the lower parts. The lower will eventually fade and look more like the slide. It's certainly not a looker, and was never intended to be. This thing is strictly business.

I've not shot it since the function test and sight zero so no target, sorry. But it's getting a bit warmer, even though we still have a bit of snow on the local mountains and I'll be getting my new progressive set up soon. Can't load too many though, as I'm unable to get components for reasonable prices right now (sucks being poor). I'd like to find some AA #9 and push these 165 gr JHPs over 1200 and see how this comp likes that. May not be able to though, with a 4.5" barrel. Eventually, I'd like to get a 6" barrel and build a top end with a full length slide, a 5.5" barrel, and a 3-port comp. That could be a fun range toy. Or I could strap it to my thigh and pretend I'm a Star Wars trooper. Might scare the normals though. ;)

·
The Tinker
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Or taken to the silly level, a 5.5" slide, a 6" barrel, and a 3 or 4 port comp. The weight of the top end would better handle full power 10mm loads I think. Then I could put wheels on the thing and call it an artillery piece.

I need a winning lottery ticket... :LOL:

Reactions: Samurai Jack
21 - 28 of 28 Posts