close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My Big Boy Arcade..~! LOL

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Steve Owens, Feb 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Steve Owens

Steve Owens Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    This was my gift to myself and my consolation of having to sell my Goldwing Motorcycle last spring. We had just moved to the country 3 years ago, something my wife and i had discussed for years. But, originally when the time came that we would be able to do so, I become sitting bull~! I did not want to move. 15 years of accumulating, labor on the existing home, and just not liking change period.. I was working on what was supposed to be an investment property and the plan was fixer up and resell. Housing market had just crashed the prior year and I was able to grab up what prior to the fall would have been much too expensive housing opportunities. What would of been in the $60,000-$70,000 range I could get from $30,000-$50,000. Anyway wife fell in love with this place, location. So, anyway wife fell in love with this place so I told her you have 2 months, you move everything you can possibly move in the Pacifica and when I can no longer change my underwear, find utensils, or plates to eat from, then I would pack up the big stuff and follow. Well 2 months later I awoke to finding everything gone aside for the big stuff, this included, the wife, cats and kids lmbo. So, last year I almost got run off the highway by a cell phone texter/driver and it was the second time in two years, this time I had to kick the Kids rear door of his car, that is how close he was... So, when I got ready to sell it the wife said are you sure you want to do this, and I said oh I am going to console myself so, I got a DW Silverback and then had the shooting gallery. Below is my Carnival game lol. One pic is under construction, it was very hard for me to sit back and pay someone to build this since i was a contractor for 25 years. But, I did supervise, built the target racks and it was my design. So, I have only used this one short season as it didn't get finished until the end of June, which lost me about 3 full months I could of been shooting at it. The rack targets work in such a way that good solid hits will cause the target to bounce off the back plate stop and reset itself into the ready to shoot position. Incentive to shoot more accurate to avoid the walk lol. It has 6 4" Ar500 steel plates, 6 6" plates, 2 8" gongs, 2 large caliber spinners, and one reset, as well as two .22 caliber reset targets for rifle or pistol shooting. 1st part of the season i will be installing 2 4x8 foot pieces of steel plate on the interior of the ceiling. There is 3/4 rubber horse mat on the outside of the roof that will stop any stray pistol bullet from completely exiting the target area. 0604171524b.jpg 0604171524a.jpg 0604171524.jpg 0530171140.jpg

808, Kip, Bugs and 25 others like this.
  2. Pennywise827

Pennywise827 I keeed I keeed..... Supporting Addict

Jan 23, 2017
    You won. No matter what you gave up, sacrificed....you won. That is dream worthy brother.

808, salelcid, 1L26 and 3 others like this.

3. azguy1911

azguy1911 cocked and locked Supporting Addict

Oct 22, 2015
    I agree, when are you having us all over ??

4. 1911wheelsnomore

1911wheelsnomore Says become a Supporting Addict

May 12, 2015
    Pretty cool for sure. Beats what I started with. We took an old swing set and added targets.
    This isn't it but it will give you an idea I had to google this one...
    maxresdefault.jpg

salelcid, 1L26, gps man and 3 others like this.
  5. Bro. Pappaw

Bro. Pappaw Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 18, 2016
  6. Steve Owens

Mar 20, 2017
    Anytime, might need to pack a lunch depending on where your coming from lmao... Or an overnight bag lol

fatbaldguy likes this.
  7. Steve Owens

Mar 20, 2017
    That's a really good set up to, good idea.. I wish I would of just had a back drop, but I live smack dab in the middle of corn fields very small amount of woods behind the house and to the left of the arcade and east or in the back of the arcade. Basically wide open spaces. if i would of had a back drop, I would of had other silhouette targets and stuff. Mostly resets and spinners. And regular dingers as I like to call em lol.

1911wheelsnomore likes this.
  8. Steve Owens

Mar 20, 2017
    I always had hoped to have about 3 acres of woods that I could set up a shooting obstacle type range in with different size and shapes of targets spread out throughout a beaten path. Have them at different heights.. and maybe put 3-5 targets per station. Tried to talk my neighbor into using an acre of his 15 wooded acres and he keeps balking at the idea, says he likes to shoot, but rarely ever hear any rounds go off at his house unless sighting in his deer rifle. Once every so often...

9. cghelton

cghelton Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 8, 2017
    Looks familiar!! Ha, It is a super nice setup.
    I can only dream of having something like that in FL when we move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Owens likes this.
  10. Steve Owens

Mar 20, 2017
    Your whole life is going to change down there buddy, your gonna have to put together a guest room so I can come down and visit. Your gonna have to have something to do to fill up all those hours you are used to working. When is it your leaving again?

11. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    Very cool setup! How far from MO?

Steve Owens and Raylan Givens like this.
  12. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2015
    That's, well, pretty spectacular. Congrats.

Steve Owens likes this.
  13. Hardball

Hardball Member

Oct 19, 2017
    That is awesome!:cool:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

14. Steve Owens

Mar 20, 2017
    Ohio Red, I have invited guys up from just a couple hours away and can't hardly get em up here. I just came to the conclusion they just don't like to shoot as much as I do... lol. Not as addicted as I am..

gps man likes this.
  15. BillKilgore

BillKilgore Active Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Nice job, Steve. That is my kind of arcade.

Steve Owens likes this.
  16. Steve Owens

Mar 20, 2017
    @Babboonbobo This might give you a reason to travel down from where you live sometime lol ;)

Babboonbobo likes this.
  17. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things! Supporting Addict

Nov 18, 2014
    Yeah now all I need to do is figure out how to get out of work! I can’t even get to the range that’s on my way to work:cry:
    Hopefully that starts to change a little this year! Most of my big bills will be paid off, namely my truck.

Steve Owens likes this.
  18. 605atthe wheels

605atthe wheels In the staging lanes Supporting Addict

Oct 19, 2012
    Uuhhh, so when's the party SteveO? I would love to have a sweet set-up like that. I'm quite "Jelly-us" of your range. Well Played SIR.

George

gps man, Bro. Pappaw and Steve Owens like this.
  19. Steve Owens

Mar 20, 2017
    Well sir you are welcome anytime and with a little notice the wife will cook as well. And I got me a good cook 4 sure...

livinthelife and cghelton like this.
  20. Steve Owens

Mar 20, 2017
    IDK I'm a little jealous of the range in your profile pic lmbo...

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted