close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My Custom 9mm

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by Blayglock, Sep 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    :rofl2: :animlol:

[​IMG]

Grip Force Beavertail, Butt Plug. Ameriglo I-Dot Pros on the way.

Add Grip Tape, Cane & Derby Kydex holster and Ammo for an awesome carry gun.

2. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    "The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." - Douglas Adams

:thumb:

3. Blayglock

Aug 18, 2011
    Best qoute I've seen in a while. Is that the hithickers guide guy.

4. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog Smiffin' ain't easy Sponsor

Aug 21, 2011
  5. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
  6. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog Smiffin' ain't easy Sponsor

Aug 21, 2011
  7. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
    Yes~Sir :thumb:

8. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
  9. Sir Guy

Aug 20, 2011
    I like the first of the two a lot, Dave.

I carry a Glock for work, and although I've been tempted to have its grip reshaped, I've never held one to know exactly what it would feel like.

The Glock naturally points a smidge high for me, so it's probably something I would like. Then again, the 1911 with a flat mainspring housing points a little low for me too. I'm not sure if that's because I've been shooting Glocks a while, or if it's a natural point of aim thing.

If we ever do a road trip and all get together, I'd have to ask you to bring that one! :thumb:

Andy

10. Blayglock

Aug 18, 2011
    Yes indeed you fellers got some cool Glocks. Im not doing anything to mine I could not reverse because I want to shoot GSSF with it.

11. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    My brand new toy, fresh from the FFL tonight!
    [​IMG]

Glock 17 Gen 4
    Trijicon RMR 06 (Adjustable 3.5 MOA LED)
    Work done by OneSourceTactical
    +10ish base pad (More for competition and fun than "real" use)

I picked this up after seeing Dave's and talking to him about it. I like the Bowie sight setup a little better in idea, but I have to say the Milling done by OST is super top notch. Zero gap from the RMR in the back or front, and perfectly contoured. I got this little toy before I was thinking of trading my Baer, I am not sure I would do it again.. but it is pretty darn neat!

12. Sir Guy

Aug 20, 2011
    Sure is. The series is chock full of great quotes like that. :smilie:

Andy

13. Sir Guy

Aug 20, 2011
    I like that. I have an Aimpoint on my work rifle, and have really come around to the simplicity of a single red dot for high-speed shooting. I've been meaning to try it on a handgun at some point. Looking forward to hearing how it shoots. :thumb:

Andy

14. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I am having a custom holster made by someone over on GlockTalk as well. I plan to use it in an upcoming defensive pistol class in October, unless I despise it after taking it to the range.

I am going to have to get some more 17 mags, since I converted two of the three with the +10s. I got the base pads as a late birthday gift, for some USPSA open fun. (Of all the stuff on the wish list... this is what the Father in Law picked.. not complaining.. just an odd choice)

15. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    I have like 20 New G17 mags sitting in the safe.

here's my only Glock.

[​IMG]

16. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    If you want to sell some let me know, going to list some junk on eBay to get some more fun money.

I figured out that it was not the school payment that has killed me... it was the wife! I forgot about the XDm we got her, out of sight out of mind.

17. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    i was selling them for $100/5 shipped. i'm not sure what the current market is.
    i'll look at what i have left, but i think i have 20 still.

word of advise...the Springer Precision trigger kit is really nice for the XDm. i installed one in mine and now TSiWRX owns it.

18. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Once you figure it out just PM me.

I will keep that in mind on the XDm, it is a nice gun but they do not fit me. One of a few firearms that does fit my wife's hands.

19. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    how many are you looking for?

20. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Congrats!. :thumb:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted