1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My grip addiction continues. Ok its not a 1911 but..... I decided to conduct a bit of an expensive experiment and marry a set of Woodcaliber Grips to my Ruger MK IV 22/45. They started out as a full size set of Gaboon Ebony with Bolivian Rosewood. I decided I could not live with the plunger tube recess on top of the left grip, so after some serious dremel work on the backsides, shaping with black epoxy and a 45 degree riffler file (with a hell of a lot of intrepidy thrown in for good measure) the photos show the result. Honestly, the re-checkering is so-so. I might have to order another set and call it good without the epoxy shaping. It was worth it just for gaining some wood working experience but I'm not sure I'd have the stomach to try it again...

Cheers

Pete

Gun Brown Product Firearm Trigger
Brown Product Gun Firearm Photograph

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Yellow Text Colorfulness Line Font

Are you serious? The screw spacing on a 1911 and the Ruger are the same?

Holy Crap, that is going to be a VERY serious coincidence for many of us . . . .

Z

Ear Finger Lip Cheek Skin

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without trying to sound wierd Zoid, I was thinking about you when I tried this. It seemed like something you would have a crack at. Hope you are recovering quickly.

Regards,

Pete

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Without trying to sound wierd Zoid, I was thinking about you when I tried this. It seemed like something you would have a crack at. Hope you are recovering quickly.

Regards,

Pete

I've been thinking of taking on an apprentice since leaving @tac45 at TTT . . . .

You'll do nicely.

@Kip , you can head back to the old boss now . . . .

Jaw Font Snout Photo caption Fictional character

Z

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
5,017 Posts
Your grips made the pistol - very fine work on your part.

Reactions: Riflecrank

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Moderators: If inappropriate please feel free to delete:

I think I am going to have another try at this. If anyone is interested in these grips (pistol not for sale), please PM me.

Regards,
Pete

1 - 11 of 11 Posts