My custom work.

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by handforged, May 21, 2020.

1. SVG

SVG Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    Wow, how did I miss all of this Montana goodness??

Raylan Givens likes this.
  2. random84

random84 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2020
    For a fighting knife I personally would prefer a more pronounced finger guard - but I love it and the overall concept.

I realized 10 minutes ago I want to make my Son a gun / knife set, maybe even a carry holster to go in the box.

Although I want it to look pretty, I also want it to be durable for actual use... suggestions for what kind of material to use on a functional fixed blade that still has that Damascus style look?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. Lou1

Lou1 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2018
    This is a photo that I took when I was in Montana a couple of years ago. That’s at a rest stop on I-90.

69449746-50D9-4E2C-BCA1-46661DC33A26.jpeg

livinthelife, Mike Meints and Greg M. like this.
  4. handforged

handforged Limestone Canyon Leather and Tool Supporting Addict

May 19, 2020
    Damascus can be made about 100 ways, it might be better to discuss in a PM. My favorite is a san mei for daily use knives. You get the defined Hamon along the cutting edge, I really dig it.

Roehl, livinthelife, random84 and 3 others like this.
  5. handforged

handforged Limestone Canyon Leather and Tool Supporting Addict

May 19, 2020
    I have said this a bunch but Montana will kill you if you let it. Between the critters large and small that are all predators to the mountains and weather... it all seems to do what it wants to do without rhyme or reason. I have seen 80 degree temperature swings down to -10 degrees. Bears and cats in places that make no sense for them to be there. Snakes out when there was snow on the ground. All kinds of weird stuff.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted