1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give a update on the Form 1 time for anyone trying to make a SBR right now and is curious on the wait time for E-file Form 1's. I e'filed and my paperwork on my Zenith Z5RS on 8/19/2020 and sent my fingerprints off on 8/20/2020 and received my approval on 9/3/2020. Not saying everyone will be faster or slower then that but during these Covid times and high gun sales it came back much faster then I expected. of course ymmv.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Yea anymore I buy pistol versions of stuff I plan to SBR anymore because its so fast.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I did 2 form 1s, an SBR and a suppressor, the SBR came back in 10 working days, 14 days including weekends. The form 1 Suppressor is taking a bit longer, tomorrow will be 3 weeks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Two years ago I e filed to SBR a Colt 9mm. Rejected in 15 days.
Contacted the person at ATF and he explained where I made a mistake filing out the form. He said to do it again and he would hold my prints.
Sat down and did it right. Exactly 20 minutes later the stamp came in. :happy:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two years ago I e filed to SBR a Colt 9mm. Rejected in 15 days.
Contacted the person at ATF and he explained where I made a mistake filing out the form. He said to do it again and he would hold my prints.
Sat down and did it right. Exactly 20 minutes later the stamp came in. :happy:
I had a similar experience, my first SBR I did was on a Colt lower. I had entered something wrong. The lady rejected it and said why and refunded me and said to submit it again and send her the control number. I resubmitted with the corrected info and emailed her the control number and within 30 mins to approved it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts